or Connect

Posts by GranoLLLy-girl

Good grief...this new board...OK, from what I know in Virginia--it has to be in the court order...my lawyer originally said to add it in to ours...but I didn't do it because I thought, what if a friend is traveling from somewhere and comes to see us...it would be on the off chance...but still.  I'll be curious to hear what else you find out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma Sorry you're not getting as many replies. I think this is due to your initial post being on Friday evening. I know I was in bed super early! Regarding your inquiry: Since you're in school, you should have access to your university's legal services. That would be a good place to start. . I've never heard of a university offering legal services. Is this in the US? Many US colleges and universities...
Let me just say to you (and maybe this will make you feel better)--my mom and I have had a hot-cold relationship over the years. My parents have always ADORED my stbx and anything that ever went wrong was because of me. Well, guess what? After this whole thing has gone down (he announced he was DONE on our anniversary--real charmer, huh?) my parents are FINALLY coming around to seeing that he is a narcissist...but in the meantime, the whole thing was because I was...
Quote: Originally Posted by Caneel I thought of another one - The Bridges of Madison County. Ick, I hated that book and wished I never would have read it. Oh! I read this whole post just to see if anyone else would mention Bridges! YES! The book was shallow--but the movie made me cry like a baby! The other one for me: The Lovely Bones. I would have never seen "heaven" as they created it in the movie--loved the movie, hated...
Good for you! It really is for the benefit of the children--and they are his as well--so it's not like you aren't getting what they deserve!
Quote: Originally Posted by mama_ani My stbx and I filed the first part of our joint divorce together on October 1st. No lawyers. $165 for the initial paperwork, when that is processed it is $280 and then we're done. We had a separation agreement that we had drafted ourselves (no lawyers) and just included it in the divorce. Thank God he is co-operating or I'd never be able to afford to get divorced if I had to go the lawyer route. This is...
That was so funny! I've always heard of folks doing the Elvis wedding chapel thing--but I've never seen it up close! Congrats! It gives me hope!
I think from your post, you are already alone and you know it. I think the key is to get rid of all the junk in your life that doesn't suit you now and look for more positive things. A church is a great idea. There is nothing wrong with being alone. I'm older than you and my kids are little (6 and 8) and I'm alone. And I work all day, then pick up the kids from after school care and then care for them all week and on the weekends I try to get this house ready to go on...
My dd attends a gifted magnet elementary school. It's the third best public elementary school in our state. Right now--I'm very troubled. I have concerns because recently my h left us and I will have to move. IF I stay in the same area (depending on my work situation) then I can continue to send her to this school BUT I have to find a school that is good for my ds, too. He is 6 and won't be tested until the spring...and even then there is no guarantee that he will be...
Quote: Originally Posted by provocativa tnmom, i don't know the law in tn, but likely you can get an evaluation from the counselor, who can send a letter to put in your cps file. the case worker is not a psychologist, and can't tell the difference between a panic episode and a manic episode, so she has to be overly concerned. another factor in keeping houses clean, other than socioeconomics and health factors, is definitely what kind of kids you have....