or Connect

Posts by GranoLLLy-girl

Quote: Originally Posted by gretelmom Oh I so disagree with this. Probably because I'm in a VERY similar situation with my (former) best friend. I still talk to her, but man is it hard. It's different for me because my friend's "boyfriend" is married and has kids and his wife does NOT know about it nor do they have an "open" marriage. Though my feeling is that if the wife doesn't know about your friend, that "open" part is probably a...
Good plan. Now...come over to my house and help me figure out how I can do something similar. X is just an arse and I just have no clue how to navigate this. I do have a lawyer...but they are all just as bad in some ways. I just wish I had a good plan...one that doesn't include a weapon. KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To the OP, the other moms who have posted on this thread really seem to have good information and you should get it cleaned up right away. As to how--since you are ill--do you have a church? My church is wonderful. When my now x had spinal surgery, the "care" team brought us meals for several weeks. Then when he left, friends from church came and helped me take some branches off a tree that had become a problem. Please, get some help. Call anyone--I like the idea...
My kids are terrible about snacks. If they have one--they are ruined for dinner--so much so in fact that I had to ask our after school care person to give the kids the snack, but tell them to put it in their backpacks to have as dessert (she has a policy that a snack must be offered, which I'm totally fine with).... I sometimes will cook more pasta than needed and microwave the next day. My kids are terrible eaters--probably worse than most and in fact, dd was on a...
Quote: Originally Posted by haydn'smommy I totally get ya. My STBX just sprung it on me a couple of months ago...."I don't have any feelings for you. I'm not attracted to you. I can't stand being around you and I'm tired of working on this marriage." I was blown away. In some ways I still am. We still live together right now and we sit around and laugh and joke and talk and I want to scream at him, "WHY? What is so bad here? What is wrong with you that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma Yes, I did feel like I never quite knew my X, though to my credit, X lied to me, to himself and to everyone else during the entire marriage. It's only when I started to discover his lies that I started to realize I was not only married to a stranger, but also to a psycho. It was AFTER I left that his mother saw fit to show me old correspondence and pictures dating back from a period in XH's life before me that...
X comes to get the kids today to take them to lunch and a movie. While we are in the garage--he makes a joke which was pretty funny and it actually made me laugh--it was like old times...and suddenly, I guess the emotion just hit me and I just blurted out: I don't understand you. You make jokes and act like nothing ever happened. Why on earth couldn't you just work things out for the sake of this family? And he says: you are only saying that because you didn't get...
Quote: Originally Posted by confustication It took more than 6 years for me. It finally ended yesterday when he offered to forfeit his rights so my husband can adopt her. My ex voiced the reality that he completely blew it, and my daughter was very lucky to have me and to have her stepfather. That moment made up for every passing feeling- hatred, resentment, anger- for everything. And you are lucky in that respect--but not everyone gets this...
So far...so good. The only thing I find unsettling is the language--the narrator is supposed to be in her 30s telling a story from her youth. But her grammar is horrible...and then there is the wrong word choices and all sorts of other issues that you would think a 30-something would be beyond. So...I don't know. I don't like seeing "learnt" in print. There are other minor issues. In fact, I wish the narrator was more articulate in general--so I don't know about that...
I'm so sorry. Send that child a gift so she knows you are thinking of her---and have it Fed Exed or something without a return address so that he won't intercept it. What an ...