or Connect

Posts by GranoLLLy-girl

OK, well, it's on my Kindle now...so far, so good. The trailer for the movie looks great--so here we go.
Wow--hang in there! Isn't there a special place in heck for these guys? Sorry to hijack--but I'm loving the crockpot idea. Crockpots moms, can you tell me HOW long can I leave it? AND do I cook on LO or HI??? (That's what it actually says on the side of my crockpot: LO and HI---I'm not making it up)
Thanks all--so many good thoughts. I took my kids to a counselor and the counselor actually told me not to bring them back--so I took them to another counselor who told me the same thing--don't bring them back! So I stopped. The reasoning for both was that they already have adults in their lives that they can talk to and that counseling at their ages (6 and 8) can be more destructive than to do good--if they somehow feel like they "have to" talk, it becomes like a...
Is this a good book? I've heard both a review of the book and the upcoming movie on NPR and wonder if it is worth a read. Sounds good?
I heard an interview with the filmmakers of The Cove on NPR and after hearing that and being unable to stop crying, I knew that I could never watch that. I know I never will. I'm surprised no one mentioned Who The *&#($&(@$) is Jackson Pollock? That is the best documentary and gives a twisted and funny glimpse into the art world. I loved Jesus Camp and loved it twice as much when I rented it and watched it with the director's comments track along with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamatoablessing The Hunger Games Trilogy. I have heard rumors that this is being made into a movie...don't know if it's true...but I would agree...I'd also like to see Katniss played by an unknown actress and not the latest teen idol--ya know?
My 8 yr old dd is a wonderful child--but she is wise beyond her years. Part of that is perhaps because she is a child living in an adult world--she plays violin with an adult orchestra and attends a gifted magnet school and reads on a 9th grade level (according to reading tests). Some of her friends in her after school care are a little older...but she does have friends her age in her class--but they are all wise beyond their years, like she is. My 6 year old ds--not a...
You asked for advice. I am in the process of a divorce. I did not want it, I did not ask for it, I am a good mom and I was a good wife...and I still cry over the loss of the family. Some days I get angry, but most of the time I am just in shock and disbelief. I still to this day do not understand how anyone could do what my x did. So here's my advice: be aware--people you thought were your friends are going to abandon you. As if a cheating spouse is a communicable...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissLotus My ex keeps telling me that he pays "more than he has to" and goes "above and beyond" even though he simply pays what our divorce agreement says. He says he doesn't make as much money as he did when we signed it, which is a bunch of garbage because just recently he's bragged to me about getting a promotion and he still works for the same company, etc. Also, he has a 6-figure salary, so he's not exactly eating out of...
A word of warning about work--the more you work, the less he will have to pay you in child support!! I know that this is true because last year, my x insisted I go back to work. I did. A year later, he left. I could have made almost twice as much in child support, but went back to work and now I am responsible for a good portion of it. Funny this is, I make a third of what he makes. I still ahve to contribute. Bottom line: don't get a job until after all is said...