or Connect

Posts by GranoLLLy-girl

I feel ya. Mine is doing the same thing--he makes three times what I make. I'm SO sick of hearing: you got your PhD while you were married to me! As if after 20 years that was the only thing I've ever done and as if it took me that long to get it! HELLO--I GAVE BIRTH TO YOUR KIDS AND RAISED THEM AND TOOK CARE OF YOUR DUMB A.. .. , too! And before the kids were born I worked for a decade while married to you! And just so you know--I also stayed home instead of going...
Quote: Originally Posted by candycat I was brazenly noncommittal and managed to say absolutely nothing concrete in the conversation. Kind of like my response to my toddlers when they want something completely ridiculous as a present. A lot of "oh really, aha, that's interesting." Essentially I was envisioning the dancing chocolate cupcakes recommended in the other thread. This is excellent. You have a much better attitude than I have had...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka I also wonder about the people who go to those weddings. I mean I know some of the people don't know what happened but what about the ones who do? The ones who stand up and say with their presences "Well this who affair business worked out well. welcome to the family. I guess we can stop calling you "the mistress" and start calling you family" I mean really, are the not just as sick as the cheater and the home...
I hope this post won't make you feel worse--but I have to share this with you. On my anniversary this last year, my h announced that he no longer wanted to be married. He has been my life for 20 years. He then walked out on the kids and I over the summer. Do you know that YOU came to mind? I remember reading your story and just crying like there was no tomorrow--and at that time, my family was "relatively" happy (of course, I thought we were happy all along but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Minxie Have you considered coabode.org? It's a website connecting single moms for co-housing. There might be someone in that area who could help you. This is interesting--I'm going to check it out. I've never heard of it. thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by papayapetunia You know, after having gone through my H's affair and nearly getting a divorce over it (he left me for a while), I truly believe that there was an opportunity in there for me to heal the pain I held from the past. I was not one of those people who found out about the affair and said, "F him, I'm out of here!" I was devastated. The rejection and abandonment issues that had been suppressed for a long time all...
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I really appreciate the comment that I am a decent mom--thanks for that. You are right regarding that I should not have expectations from my mom--and that is why I didn't expect them to help me with surviving this--but for them to buy a condo is just (for me) so painful. Did you ever read the book PEOPLE OF THE LIE? (It's a self-help book) There is a story in there how the parents of this boy who killed himself with a gun, gave the SAME...
Quote: Originally Posted by Minxie Gently because I understand you're tired and hurt and frustrated: Your parents are living their life and they have already raised their children. While it would be nice of them to offer to help you, they do not have an obligation to do so. If you all were seriously in danger of being homeless, they would probably offer to help (so long as they knew about it.) Your biggest concern, as displayed in your post, seems...
So xh has moved out. We lived in a large house that we will now have to sell. I'm trying to figure out how I will get the kids to two different schools (public schools) and make ends meet on what limited income I will have. It's VERY hard because I feel like at age 45--things are not what they could have been if I went through this at age 35. Maybe I feel sorry for myself now and then, but I'm underemployed because I stayed home for almost a decade, while most of my...
I'm so sorry. Here's what I don't understand--how could ANY woman be with a man who is still with someone else AND has kids? If I REALLY had to--I guess I could understand how a girl could date a married guy with NO kids--but WITH kids? OR PREGNANT????? Is there NO level of guilt or shame that is associated with the behavior of people today???? How does a person sleep at night KNOWING that the pregnant wife is home alone??? That there is a BABY on the way??? Is there...