or Connect

Posts by GranoLLLy-girl

In Virginia (where I live), your children can go to any school they want if you are officially homeless. That's not you, of course, but there are ways around things. The other option is to ask the principal (in Virginia) if your children can continue to attend that school--especially IF there is before and after school care connected to it. In other words, you could have your son's friend's mom vouch for the fact that your kids stay with them after school (just have a...
I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly--but my stbx and I live in a very large house and the bottom line is--we will have to sell and split whatever we get out of it in equity. And he left us. So, it means for me and the kids--a life of living very hand to mouth--even though we live in one of the wealthiest communities in our area as a family of four. UNLESS I take him to court for a contested divorce and I've been told--that's NOT a guarantee. I still might come...
OK ladies--so I was a stay at home mom for a while then went back to work last year and x left this summer. So I know how to make mommy friends who stay at home, are married, and have kids--BUT---how do you make other single mom friends? I thought about joining a Parents Without Partners group. Here's the deal: I still have lots of friends who are still married and whose kids sometimes play with my kids--but they now look at me like I am a circus freak and I think...
OK, maybe I'm out of whack because really I haven't a clue about these things-- BUT--if you suspect drug use, can't you record the call? It just seems like if there are things being said about the wife--or whatever it is that he is talking about--his adult relationships---that might be an issue as far as talking about stuff like that with a child. I don't know. What do you think?
Quote: Originally Posted by kblackstone444 Go with OkCupid. PlentyofFish is just a thinly disguised sex sight, for most the people there. OkCupid is so much better, though my horrible ex is on there, so you might want to avoid any "poets from the Bronx". lol Note to self: avoid poets...avoid the Bronx. LOL--just thought that was funny!
Thanks for all of your advice and kind responses. This whole thing is relatively new for me--the separation/pending divorce. The kids are 6 and 8. Yesterday when they left--they were in the garage getting their bike helmets for him and he told them to get in the car--and they did and then they just left and did not even say goodbye--when they came back, I asked my daughter if they forgot to say goodbye--and she said that Daddy wouldn't let them say goodbye. I had no...
How's that for a post title??? OK, so--whenever stbxh comes to pick up the kids, it seems like things get ugly (verbally--arguments--nothing more than that). So here's my question: what things did you do to keep things from getting too ugly? And here's my pity party: I just really HATE this man. He brings up crap that happened OVER 20 years ago! HE LEFT US. And yet this morning, he's picking up the kids and going off about what a horrible person I am and how...
[QUOTE=haydn'smommy;15822133]No, I work full time. I do all the taking care of the kids, all the cleaning of the house, all the laundry. I would get up at 4am to get ready so I could cook him breakfast and make him coffee and get dinner started in the crockpot then get the kids up and ready for daycare. I am a GOOD wife. He says my personality is wrong. That he wants someone more like himself (I'm guessing that's angry, hateful, rude, pessimistic, and paranoid) and...
Hang in there Chel and others--my h did the same darn thing. 20 years of marriage, big stupid house that I can't afford on my own, two kids, two dogs and a cat. He announced on our anniversary that he was "done" and has been acting like his kids never existed---and you should see the crap he posts on Facebook. Frankly, I think he is an embarrassment. At first I was so upset, how could he, etc., but now I am starting to get really mad. And that's good. And actually,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissLotus it is such a peter pan idea - i feel like he didnt grow up. which is hard because other people think he is a great dad. but, to me, great dads dont act like jerks and rip up their family... I agree with this. And I always want to roll my eyes when people around town think my ex is this great dad because he throws a ball with our son sometimes. Like he's a hero simply because he didn't leave altogether. He does...