or Connect

Posts by kel

esp - We're in a similar spot baby-wise.  Pepper just sprouted her two bottom teeth, 2 days ago - at just 4 months old!  And she's 20 lbs now!!  She is quite a little chunk.  Exhausting, but wonderful!       (ps - are most of the mamas on facebook?  maybe I should join the group...  can you send me a link?  xox)
Hi Jackies -   Looking pretty deserted around here!  I think a lot of the mamas are on facebook, so...   Nice to see your update and it sounds like you're both doing well!  Pepper doesn't care for her (thankfully very cheap from the thrift store) stroller yet, but at least we've had days warm enough to plop her in her car seat in the yard while I weed the garden, or go for sunny walks with the sling.  Although she's so heavy now!!    At 3 1/2 months she's a...
chica,   Pepper has fussy teething spells fairly often now - I can see and feel her teeth pretty well and she is gnawing on her fist and my fingers whenever she can.  My babes usually get their first teeth at 5 months, but teething can go on for months before they actually pop through.  We use the hylands homeopathic baby teething tablets - she also likes a little whiskey rubbed on her gums.  xo
Pepper is also 2 months now and a little sweetie.  She is very very plump, smiley, cuddly, and still wants to be held most of the time.  She doesn't exactly sleep through the night, but as we share a bed, most nights I get a good night's sleep.  I'm not really sure how much she nurses in the night since I'm always half asleep and don't have to sit up with her, but I think her average is every 4 hrs still.  She's been making lots more sounds and loves to lay on her back...
Eyesight - yes, mine is definitely noticeably worse, but I've read that can happen temporarily with pregnancy, so I'm waiting it out a few more months before I go get my eyes checked.   Birth control - vasectomy is probably top on the list, but in the meantime it'll be withdrawl with nfp (as soon as I get my period back).  Dp would kind of like another babe, but I think I'm good!    And chica, I'm guessing you're totally healed by now - I think you should go...
Hi there,   Pepper is 5 wks old now and is the sweetest little doll.  She still doesn't cry and seems to only get agitated in the evening sometimes when I eat too much dairy, (or maybe chocolate - I've been craving it all the time lately!)  A couple days ago she suddenly started smiling at me all the time! and talking/vocalizing more.   She also seems to be more aware now of when she isn't with me, when someone else is holding her, and will complain and fuss until I...
Pretty quiet around here!   Well, Pepper is a month old now!  She was my tiniest baby - 6 lbs 14 at birth - but at her 2 1/2 week visit she was up to 8 lbs 11 oz already - the doctor was impressed!  She is continuing to get bigger and plumper each day.  We've also really lucked out with her that she doesn't cry, literally!  She does get a bit colic-y and complain-y if I eat too much dairy, but otherwise she's pretty content.  She does lots of little piglet noises...
What a beautiful story - congratulations hot sauce!  You have me in tears, too.  xoxox
Thanks for shaing!  I agree that it never does turn out quite as you expect!  But it sounds like you ended up having a positive birth experience - can't wait to see photos!  xox
Can't wait to hear more!  Congratulations!  hugs