or Connect

Posts by kel

Congratulations!!!  xox
Pepper is 12 days old today - meaning this is day 12 in the house for me!    It is cold snowy winter outside our windows and I've read that especially if baby is small that it isn't good to expose her to temperature extremes until at least a month old.  We have no car right now and its a 20 min walk downtown, so here we are - for another couple weeks I imagine.  I don't really mind, because I don't want to expose her to sickness anymore than she already is (with four...
I still feel that we were very very blessed, every time I look down at her in my arms!     
Thank you for sharing your birth story - what a beautiful ending!  In three of my five births I've had issues, mostly midwife related, that took me time to work through afterward.  I think it's good that you're writing it down and processing it.  Congratulations on your beautiful baby!
Lovely birth story Kelly - thanks for sharing that!  And our baby girls were really close to the same size at birth - Pepper was 6 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches.  How big is Charlotte now? 
Happy new year!!!   I wrote this in Pepper's thread, but in case you don't all see it, I want to say it again: I really appreciate all of the mamas on these boards and the time we've spent together and all the amazing support that I've been given over the last ten months.  So, thank you!!!   Pepper is a little over two days old now and seems to be settling into the world a bit.  My milk came in last night and she has been nursing *constantly* so I think she'll...
Thanks for the sweet thoughts, tropicana - and all you other mamas!    I do really feel as if everything worked out the only way it could have - I am still so amazed that we were so lucky that it did.    I really appreciate all the mamas on these boards and the time we've spent together and all the amazing support that I've been given over the last ten months.  Thank you!!!
Congratulations Harmony!  Here's to coming out on the other end of some difficult births.  Happy new year!
Pepper Delphinium, born Dec. 28th (38 wks 6 days) 6 lbs 14 oz, 20 inches born at home into her papa's arms http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371095/pepper-delphinium
Thanks for all the love, mamas!  It was an emotional couple of days, but she's here! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371095/pepper-delphinium