or Connect

Posts by kel

travelmumma - I'm in a little NW Montana ski town, about an hour south of the Canadian border.  It snowed here for about a week, but has switched to rain now and the leaves are falling and it's a bit warmer again.  Hard to say whether trick or treating will be in the snow or the rain this year - I'll be happy if it's just not freezing out!  The weather in NW Montana is similar to the pacific northwest, but we have a much higher elevation and get really snowy winters with...
darkblue - everything that everyone else said and lots of love.  Just try to focus on the baby and keeping your stress levels down as much as possible - take care of yourself.   I didn't make the dress and it's not even a maternity dress - I just found it at the thrift store a few days ago and it actually fit perfectly.  amazing!;)  And travelmumma - thanks!  I am addicted to pinterest (if you couldn't tell) - so many great ideas!!    Banana souffle for breakfast...
Well, my babies - four so far anyway! - have all been overdue, from a week to two full weeks; so that is what I'm expecting...  My mom was the same, so I think it runs in the family.  My labors vary a bit more, but I generally have an easy day of labor where I can go out to lunch, run errands, clean up the house, etc, before active labor kicks in hours later.  My last labor was only really intense for about 3 or 4 hours, but it was really intense, with back to back...
mamaharrison has great advice.   I'd just second most of what's been said - - quite a few cotton nursing pads (a couple different brands because you'll end up liking some and not others) - although when you're spraying all over the place;) you can also just have a receiving blanket or small towel tucked into the other side of your bra/over your other boob.  But pads are semi essential for us leakers when we're out in public!  - a couple comfy cotton sleep bras...
I'll have to try making the pitcher of ice tea - that seems like a great way to get it all in and get more fluids in me - I'm terrible about drinking enough water.    My midwife appt went just fine yesterday.  I'm in every 2 wks now and it kind of seems like too much since I have what the midwife described as "a textbook pregnancy" - I thought about switching to every 3rd week instead, but it's probably good to check in regularly, just in case.  I measured 31 wks...
xox and congrats!!
I'm on my fifth, too, and have had a mellow easy pregnancy so far, but that's pretty typical for me so I can't say whether it has anything to do with the number of kids.  But I definitely agree that you deserve an easy pregnancy by the fifth!;)  I haven't started feeling extra tired yet and am actually having a little breather where I need to get up less to pee in the night and am sleeping a bit better - I think because this babe is still carrying pretty high.  Due to...
I've never done any of the nipple toughening or perineal massage prior to the birth.  I've never torn (midwives did use warm compresses during the birth) and as far as breast feeding goes, having the baby latch on properly is more important than anything else for avoiding nipple pain. 
 Seconding that a set length and consistency of contractions does not necessarily mean that you're in active labor!  I generally start labor with about a half to full day of contractions that can be as close as 3 - 5 minutes apart, are consistent, and easily last up to 60 seconds or more.  With my first babe I also made the mistake of thinking that I was in active labor because of how close together they were and how long.  It also gave me the false assumption that...
I've felt this a couple times in the last week or so.  The first time it happened the little twitches freaked me out - what's wrong with the baby?! - until I was reading the Mayo Clinic pregnancy book and realized what it was.  Now I love feeling it;)   And I don't know that I've felt this with any of my other babes, but like mamadiamond said, this baby is higher than my babies usually carry and her side/back is pressed right against the outside of my tummy.