or Connect

Posts by kel

No fever. His cough really varies. At night it is drier sounding, during the day you can here the mucus or whatever when he's coughing - like if he doesn't cough deeply enough his breathing is a little rattly, you know? I guess my main concern is after 2 wks. of this his cough just doesn't seem any better. Also that horrible burning runny nose is making him miserable, but he won't let me put anything on it (the raw skin), I have to sneak it on him while he's...
My almost 2 year old had been getting one little cold or flu bug on top of another for about a month or so and then almost 2 weeks ago it got miserable. He got a bad cold, much worse than the others had been, so I took him into the doctor - found out he had infections in both ears (1st ear infections ever for him), so she gave us amoxicillan for that, but didn't address why he keeps getting sick at all. So the 10 days of his antibiotics have come and gone, and I think...
Here's some - (and I totally agree with making large amounts and reheating!!) **Corn Chowder** 1TB olive oil 1 1/2 cups chopped celery 1/2 cup chopped carrot 3/4 cup diced bell peppers 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes (1/2 inch) 1/4 tsp ground sage 8 cups water (or liquid vegie broth) (2 TB powdered vegie broth - if you used water) 3 cups frozen corn *Heat oil, celery, carrot, and pepper - saute over med. heat until vegies start to soften. Add potatoes...
Can you eat onions or potatoes? I'll have some recipes for you this evening when the kids are in bed! xo -Kelly
I agree completely! I hate that whole - well then stick it out and try to make a difference attitude. I AM making a difference by being part of a growing nation wide group of homeschoolers. And like someone else said, no matter how great a school is I still wouldn't put my kids in it because we're unschoolers. Linda - I totally agree - my kids are my first priority.
I definitely know what you're talking about, especially in malls and big department stores - I don't like it either. But there are lots of alternatives to that - Hannah Anderson (catalog or online) carries very age appropriate, nice cotton clothing. Its pricey, but they have a sale page at their web site. It seems like a lot of the more expensive, better quality kids' clothing is more age appropriate, too. I usually get most of my kids' clothes at the thrift store...
I haven't read it, but try over at the Learning at Home boards. Kelly
Maybe you've already seen this site?... http://members.aol.com/PennyGar/index.html We unschool, but I do like a lot of her ideas. -Kelly
Brydean, I agree with whoever said you should find out when the first test is required; if it's not until 4th grade then honestly that's really nothing for you to worry about anytime soon. Even if it's 2nd grade that's still a good 2 years away! Personally, I don't think you should worry about trying to keep up with her public schooled peers at all. Many, many studies have shown that homeschoolers (of all types, unschoolers included) are generally at least one to two...
I don't know how old your child is, but I love this kids' magazine - All Round. Here's a link: http://www.allroundmagazine.com/