or Connect

Posts by kel

AKAnne, I'm due 1/5 - so maybe we'll be the two left chatting on here - you'll have to come visit me on the boards after your babe is born though, because I'm pretty sure I'll be a good deal later than the 5th.   Sleeping on the couch might be the solution, except that we share a room with my 7-yr-old, who would not appreciate being left behind, and I do love snuggling up with DP at night.  But maybe if I wake up in the night in pain sometime I'll try it.  Or if I...
sego - that is one of the things that I've loved about my DP during this pregnancy.  He has over and over again told me how thankful/appreciative his is for me carrying this baby, feeding her/us well, taking good care of her, and what a great job that I'm doing - which is all so nice to hear and definitely makes me feel loved.  (Which doesn't mean he isn't ever immature or mean about other things!;)    And I wasn't getting on anyone's case about the dates - just...
Thanks gals.  I kept sewing all day and also almost completely finished covering the couch and made another receiving blanket out of all of my flannel scraps on hand.  The hat is actually a gift for a friend who is also having a baby, but I'll be sure to make another for my babe.  I loosely followed the pattern below, but didn't add any seam allowance to it, since her pattern is for a 10 month...
Here's a nice looking recipe for sitz baths, peris, etc: http://www.stitched-together.com/2011/10/tutorial-postpatum-wellness-herbal-sitz.html
I've never had issues with people second guessing my choice to homebirth or use a midwife, but I still find that this time around I'm definitely not advertising that we're having a home birth.  I'll put it on the baby announcement cards after the fact.  I'm just not even interested in the possibility of someone needing some kind of explanation.  But I agree with mamaharrison - turning any kind of question around like that can help you see where they're coming from and to...
I've been accomplishing lots of stuff around the house and thought I'd post a few pictures of my latest completed sewing projects.  Today I finished up this baby hat (lined with super soft cotton knit and an in between layer of lambswool), a 2-sided flannel blanket, and a simpler receiving blanket.  The kitty doll was finished a couple days ago; (the cushion covers I finished a while back...)  
Wow - I don't think I'd trust myself to trim down there with a mirror!  I have a hard enough time coloring the hair on my head with a mirror - that whole coordination thing.  But my DP is very excited to use the electric shaver anyway, so I wouldn't want to deny him the pleasure;)    I've probably still got lots to do, but to be honest my main daily goal is to get the house a little bit nicer each day. - so far it's been great, every day DP comes home and is...
I've had some really rough times lately with my dp, too - where I am frantically thinking - how did I get myself into this (ie him, not the baby) and what do I do now?  I think most men can be incredibly childish, but that's just my opinion;)  I think mamabeakley is right though - it's good to walk away and do something to take care of yourself.  I also wrote my dp a long letter about how I felt last week and folded it up and put it in his drawer.  A couple days later I...
I was wondering about you sego!   Here's my latest at 34 weeks - lots of baby hiccups and breathing practice - so so sweet. http://abrightermess.typepad.com/a-brighter-mess/2012/11/34-weeks.html
I've also read negative things about the cut-out massage tables - most practitioners do recommend side lying pregnancy massage these days... http://www.mkmassage.com/MKmassage/Article-Pregnancy_Massage.html   I don't think it's because it's not comfortable, just because laying on a table like that is an added strain on your ligaments.  For myself, I never used one of those table again after I received a pregnancy massage on one a few days before labor with my first...