or Connect

Posts by JillyD

Oh yeah, Baby's Only is good too. We started using that once he turned one although our doc said it is fine for younger so long as you are just supplementing - she seemed to think it was about advertising and trying to support breastfeeding. I actually tried both the earth's best and baby's only and have to say that baby's only tasted WAY better to me...kinda coconuty.
So, my son is 14 months and I basically have to "force" him to nurse. I have to catch him right after he wakes up from a nap in order for him to be the least bit interested. Most of the time, he pushes me away and would rather go play or eat something. DD was so different (she would have nursed 24/7 if she had the choice!). I find myself faced with a tough decision. Do I keep on forcing the issue or do I just let it go? He isn't the type of kid who will nurse to...
We used Earth's best too...and it worked fine for both my kids. Like your friend, it was a supplement to breastmilk b/c of low supply issues. I used the SNS with my daughter and LOVED it - I'd recommend it.
DD is 4. She has taken to telling "un-truths" - it's not totally a lie b/c she thinks she is making a joke. At least I think that is what is going on. But, it seems like she is lying/joking all.the.time. and it is driving me nuts. I try to explain to her that when you lie, you break someone's trust but I dont' think she has any clue what trust is. She asks me but man, trust is hard to explain. So, anyone have any ideas on what to do? what to say to her? should i...
While this may seem good in some ways (all those dirty toys, sticks, rocks, etc.) stay out of his mouth, food also stays out! He is not the least bit interested in feeding himself. He'll pick the food up but he won't put it in his mouth. Anyone else seen this before? It seems kinda strange to me. DD was the opposite - totally orally fixated and everything went into her mouth. How can I teach him to feed himself or do I not need to worry about that? I'm sure it'll...
I think the hardest thing for me in having a HN baby was actually other people's perceptions of her. I really struggled with the "wow, she is hard" comments and the whole "how do you deal with that" or "you mean, she can't ride in a stroller? waht is wrong with her?" - it drove me insane and made me feel as though somehow the way she (which was totally fine - thank you very much) was a problem that needed to be fixed rather - and that somehow, I created that problem. My...
I have to chime in here. DD was totally high needs and I can relate to so many things written in these posts. She slept across my chest for the first 5 months of her life. She cried in her carseat for the first year of her life...or maybe it was two. She wouldn't/couldn't ride in the stroller until she was about one. She BF constantly for the first 18 months...and it was tough to wean her at 2 1/2. The first time she slept through the night, she was 3. Once i came to...
I get the "good baby" comments all the time with DS. And, I got the "wow, she is hard" all the time with my daughter. They are parented similarly - their dispositions are totally different. I guess I would say that DS is perhaps a bit "easier" than DD was but really they are not all that different when it comes to getting their needs met. They both let you know - he does it quietly while she was vocal about it. The whole "good baby" thing is totally annoying to...
4 is so challenging! I'm not someone who always knows what to say or what to do or how to react. i need time to think. This doesn't seem to work with a 4 year old! So, I'd love to hear if you think this in normal and if you happen to have an advice for me... 1. Getting dressed - all of a sudden, all of DD clothes are "bothering her." So, now she will only wear one outfit (it's the only one with the "right neck"). If that outfit isn't clean or for some reason she...
This is driving me crazy nuts!! The water softener didn't work. I believe it is the fleece that is repelling. I'll put a diaper on him and after the first pee his clothes are totally soaked. Usually the pee goes up and out the back of the diaper (not the legs) which tells me it is more certainly repelling. At this point, I am not sure what else to do. ugh. I really want to fix these diapers. sooooooooo frustrating.