or Connect

Posts by Storm Bride

Oh - also wanted to mention that Harry and Ginny wasn't from out of nowhere, imo. From the very first book, I suspected Rowling was going to pair them up, eventually.
I liked that Harry ended up a member of the Weasley family, by marriage. He didn't have a family, and then he did. (Yes - I know they considered him to be part of the family, anyway, but I liked that his marriage to Ginny formalized it.)   I don't see any real reason for it to have been Harry and Hermione. That's just more "male lead gets the girl" stuff, and there's no rational reason for it. Why shouldn't Harry and Hermione be friends? There's no real reason for Ron...
I wouldn't change much. We don't really drive all that much, and the cost of switching to public transit would balance out the gas price (transit prices would also go up, and for short trips wiht a lot of people, driving is cheaper). Gas is about half that now, so I'd probably just end up spending more. I may make slightly fewer trips to the grocery store for only a few items, but I don't do a lot of that, as a rule, anyway.
I've come to believe I like it better than I'd like being a man. I used to think otherwise, but I think men are more slaves to their genitalia than we are. I didn't used to believe it, but I think I've changed my mind.
 The ones I inhale are the roasted, salted ones, as well. I can open and eat them faster than anybody I've ever met. This is not a good thing. I like the raw ones, but not as much.Sunshine is a tricky thing in this part of the world - lots of cloud cover, and very short days in the winter. I do supplement with vitamin D, which doesn't seem to affect my migraines one way or the other, but helps with other things.  I hear you. I hit pretty much all of those (except stinky...
Thanks, Amy. I've actually found that magnesium supplements help. (As sunflower seeds are a good source of magnesium, I've come to suspect that my addiction to said seeds is the rason I was spared the migraines for so long. Both my mom and sister had them for years - my mom had them for the whole span of her reproductive life - but I dodged them until a few years ago...when I cut back on my sunflower seed consumption, because of the calories.)   I still get them, but...
I love holiday gift-giving. My family gave up exchanging among the adults (my siblings, siblings-in-law, parents, godmother, and I) a few years ago. I kind of miss it, but we really had reached the point where we were all mostly exchanging gift cards for restaurants. (I see that as a way to buy a couple a nice meal, on their own timetable...plus, my mom & stepdad, and brother & SIL all love Greek food, and I don't care for it, so I have no real desire to take them out for...
I hate them. I never liked them much, and started to really hate them during my years of secondary infertility (as each one was a reminder that I still wasn't pregnant). Since I've had a menstrual migraine with almost every cycle since they came back after dd2 was born, I hate them even more. I've got a short-ish cycle (22-23 days now), and they last 5 days each time, and the cramps and migraine can be really painful. Add in the PMS (yes - I have an incredibly bad bout of...
I get great gifts all the time, but some of the standouts:   Portable tape deck ("ghetto blaster") when I was 14 or 15...mostly because it was what I wanted most, and mom and dad had me completely convinced I wasn't getting it Swarovski crystal four-leaf clover. I collect Swarovski figurines, and my godmother gave me the clover the Christmas after my second miscarriage Stormrider jean jacket from my ex, because it was too funny that I'd bought him the exact same...