or Connect

Posts by Storm Bride

Santa also brings one large present (nothing as big as a bike, though). The Santa gifts are all wrapped in the same paper, which we use only for those gifts. If I have to wrap any "extra" stocking stuffers (ie. ones that won't fit), I use that same paper.   That said, I've repacked stockings up to 3 or 4 times to make everything fit. I'm kind of a fanatic about it.
 I've used a magazine or colouring book propped in the top to open it up wider. Sometimes, I also balance things on the top. Otherwise, I put them underneath the stocking, sometimes wrapped.
Mostly done now.   All four kids are getting: Tube of glow stick bracelets Bic 4-color pen Handwarmers (dd2 isn't getting those) Pen and notepad (dd1's have a piano keyboard, ds1's is Spider-Man, ds2's is Avengers and dd2's is Hello Kitty) Assorted candies, including Ferrerro Rocher and a small Toblerone bar Pack of gum Orange Pomegranate Electrical tape (black, red, blue, green, yellow & white) Temporary tattoo (ds1: guitar, dd1: piano, ds2: drums, dd2:...
We don't have a set date, but not before the second week of December.   Growing up, we always put ours up on the 16th or 17th. My mom liked having the tree up, but my sister's birthday is the 15th, and mom didn't want the tree up until after that, so that Christmas didn't overshadow her birthday any more than necessary. (My mom's birthday is between Christmas and New Year's, and it got lost in the shuffle a lot when she was growing up.)   The way the dates work this...
So, as it stands, I think I'm doing:   DH: Not entirely sure, and he may read this (if I leave it up by accident), but I have a couple ideas.   DS1: He may also read it, but I think he's getting what we currently have for his big gift, and the probably an assortment of new sketchbooks (different sizes) and some wood clothes hangers for his other two.   DD1: Microscope with some accessories (slide prep kits, prepared slides), Settlers of Cataan, and probably the...
Okay - I had misplaced a scarf (I need it for a concert today), and while looking for it, I found a bag of stocking stuffers for dd2. She's fairly obsessed with Hello Kitty, so I got her a pencil case, pencil and a couple other items with Hello Kitty on them. I'd forgotten about those, so dd2's stocking is in pretty good shape.   I think I'll do my blitz later this weekend - get the guitar strings, roll-on, razor blades, etc. for ds1 (and dh), the glow stick bracelets,...
I don't know if it was the same in the US, but the price of paperbacks absolutely skyrocketed in Canada about...15 years ago? I think they doubled (maybe more) over the span of about 2-3 years. I was buying a lot of books back then, and just couldn't do it, anymore.   I have paperbacks in my collection with a cover price of $0.95.
 Why is there family drama about this stuff?? I just don't get it. Families need to make the choices that work for them. My family quit the gift exchange between the adults (ie. my parents, godmother, and me and my siblings and siblings-in-law) a few years ago. I didn't like it, as I enjoyed that exchange, but it wsn't working for anyone, except me, so it went by the wayside. That's life, yk?
So - not as inspired as usual this year. Last year, we had the big win with the blacksmithing lessons for ds1, and the ear piercing for dd1. This year...not sure.   We've bought a new guitar for ds1, and he also (oddly, imo, but it's what he likes, not what I like!) wants a set of wooden clothes hangers. That will mostly cover him.   DD1 really wants Monster High dolls and/or a FurReal pet. I kinda hate both of these, but will probably get the "pet" and then something...