or Connect

Posts by firstwomantomars

hello :-) My children are not vaccinated. I am a biochemist, did a lot of research and soul-searching and made this decision years ago. I am usually quite comfortable with it by now...but today, this article, and now I am wondering again, am I underestimating or misunderstanding something about tetanus? What I know if that stats show that there are 1 or fewer child a year that are diagnosed with tetanus in the US each year (no real test) and no child has died from the...
Hi! I am a little bit late in this thread - I only noticed it today. I lost my twin sister a week before our birth. Not only were we identical, we also shared our placenta and sac. The doctors only expected one baby so when my sister was still-born, my mother was devastated...and then they realized my mom was in labor again! And there I was. My parents talked about my sister from time to time. I had many experiences (dreams, visions, feelings) of her near me and as a...
CONGRATS!!!!! : : :
Oh I looooove the idea of celebrating my children and how they came into my life and made me a mother! I don't know really what else to do to celebrate Mother's Day. My mom is far far away (in China), my grandmother also, so I will call them, but I love to celebrate and this is a great idea for me to be able to celebrate Mother's Day in my home also!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by terranova I once saw a good piece of advice on a single parents homeschooling list - work for yourself, unschool (ie follow your kid's interests not curriculum), and create strategic alliances with other homeschoolers esp single ones.A That is exactly what I do though not on purpose ! Things just worked out that way... I sometimes feel "guilty" about not doing more (especially since we are unschooling so it's hard to...
Sometimes it's just really really hard
Thanks! Those "benefits" to a relationship with a loser-creep were fortunately/unfortunately? true for me!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!
Avani Maybe it's a panic reaction? Hopefully he will turn around and offer some support even if he disengages from your relationship (which is just
Hi! This year for my son's costume, we bought a cheap mask (very scary - he chose the one he wanted!) and he will just wear black pants and a black top with it. My two younger ones are wearing hand-me downs. I have no idea how we ended up with several costumes for little ones! One year, there was a costume contest at my son's daycamp (over the summer). All the other parents bought really neat new costumes. I was the only one who made one and he was already 6 or 7 so...