or Connect

Posts by anarchamama

anakiss You raise an interesting question about privilidge etc....which we also struggle with. I have a few things to add but haven't read all the replies so sorry if I'm repeating something. My oldest DS is 6 1/2 and we have been volunteering at a food bank for the past year or so fo rjust that reason. I wish it weren't so charity model, but honestly there just isn't the sort of work in the more radical movement that a small child can participate in meaningfully....
We are mostly unschoolers so I am postin gin both but would like others feedback as well..... What I'm wondering is how much structured time your kids have (and how old they are) and how you feel about it. DS is 6 1/2. We generally spend about 30-45 min a day on "work". He has to practice piano for 15 min and then will generally read to me for another 15. Then we may do a few math problems or word games. He is in 3 organized activities, piano, swimming and...
We are not entirely unschoolers since we do some bookish work, I will post this over in hsing as well but assume there are some other fence sitters over here What I'm wondering is how much structured time your kids have (and how old they are) and how you feel about it. DS is 6 1/2. We generally spend about 30-45 min a day on "work". He has to practice piano for 15 min and then will generally read to me for another 15. Then we may do a few math problems or word...
Seriously? no one? How about good resources then?
Hello, I'm looking for some insight on this topic from donors or receivers who have stayed in a social relationship with donor/parents. My partner and I have been in a het rerlationship for around 10 years, and have 3 kids ages 6,3,1. we have been asked by a queer couple for a sperm donation from SO. These are close friends, one of whom I have been close to since first year university (13 years). I have no qualms about them having kids not do I have any "moral" issues...
Hey Shenjall I'm a winnipeg hser and there is a pretty big community, though it's fractured up by ages, religions and styles. If you are a christian homeschooler you should get in touch with MACH and I can't help you much more then that. Otherwise I would suggest first you join the winnipeg homeschooler yahoogroup. This seems to be the catchall place for homeschool info. Also you can joing MASH. There is also an organization called event horizon planning...
Ohhhh! I'm here. We live in a pretty radical city and even here thigs are only a little kid friendly. We have been so busy with all three that we have (mostly) dropped out of the scene. The only really activisty thing we do anymore is IWW. I have been making inroads into the homeschool comminuty with some success but it's really not a very radical community. And while there are 1/2 dozen A homeschooling families, no one seems interested in a more structured community...
Hi Bellamaphone, There are a dozen or so mama's from winnipeg on here, though there is no regular hangout. I believe some of us are still attending the same playgroup. Where do you live in the city? I could point you in the right direction........ Cheers Heahter
I just came back form a trip where I was on 5 flights. I wore the baby in the meitai through all the security checks with no problem. And several times she was sleeping when I boarded so I just put the belt on and kept her in the meitai and no one said anything. I'm sure the takeoff and landing are the most dangerous parts but I just don't see anyway a baby unstrapped from anything could be safer then one in a carrier.
I'm with Chrissy, Manitoba is great. I'm in Winnipeg an dwe love it. It's big enought ohave everything you would want to do but still has that smallish feel. And like Chrissy it's so cheap it's easy for us to live well on a teachers salary for a family of 5, which means I can homeschool! We would neevr live anywhere else!