or Connect

Posts by Finch

There are a couple of moms here with very sick mito children. I will alert them to your thread so maybe they can give you some insight. I wish you peace, no matter what.
I cried and cried and cried when ds1 started solids. It was awful for me. Dh wanted to start ds2 on solids (he's 6 mos. old), so I let him try, and he's just not ready. I'm secretly celebrating. : LOL. For me, it was just another small step away from babyhood, which is so precious.
Quote: Originally Posted by VijayOwens And being an AP mom, who co-sleeps, babywears, gentle discipline, etc. it is also frustrating to have all of these things "work" so well for my first child and to be at my wit's end trying to "deal" with my younger child who won't sleep, who after a certain age wouldn't go in a sling, won't listen, wouldn't ever take a bottle or pacifier, etc. So I am in awe of those of you who celebrate autism, and who don't wonder...
Heya Feebs!! : I was so hoping you'd chime in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shelsi Quite honestly I find it surprising that moms here on MDC of all places would dismiss a mother's intuition/instinct when that is all we ever seem to talk about on other forums like the UC forum. I did not dismiss them. I specifically said that if you feel there is something wrong, get an evaluation. I also wanted to quell the tone of mercury/autism/developmental boogeyman of the week hysteria that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherfeather I'm really not sure what value it is to find something 'wrong' with her of the nature that you're looking for. Two ounces of formula?? When things go wrong with babies, they go really wrong. You wouldn't be grasping for straws if it was something concrete. Honestly, she sounds like a normal, intense, sensory-seeking 11 month old. Bless you for being the voice of reason here. My God. We're...
I'll play. Susan Senator is an autism mom and the author of a great book, Making Peace With Autism. She has a great attitude and respect for the autistic point of view. Her blog is a good read sometimes (she doesn't always talk about autism), and her book is simply fantastic. Cammie McGovern is another autism mom/author whom I enjoy reading. And finally, a nice little piece I like entitled, Autistics Need Acceptance, Not Cure.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemo6 My neighbor just got an enormous delivery from Nova Natural. The UPS driver must not have noticed that she has a sign on her door that requests all deliveries be left in her garage; he left the package on the front porch. I'm so excited!! I grabbed the boxes for my kids; do you have any idea how much a play kitchen (stove, sink, and refrigerator) and complete set of wooden food costs these days? This wasn't stealing,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoopin' Mama I am so completely baffled that people think it is okay. You took something that does not belong to you, and you seem to have no desire to give something back in return. The crime of the century? Absolutely not. Definitely unethical though. Gosh, wouldn't it be sad if the only time I could leave my donation for the local birth center was after-hours, and then someone came along and helped themselves, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by thismama Uhhh... I think she kinda got roasted actually and some very rude things were said. Did you read the thread? Yes. And people are still saying what she did was okee dokee, and she has since posted that she's totally okay with what she did and that it was not theft. Hence my response.