or Connect

Posts by Finch

I cannot even believe there is a question as to whether or not this is theft. Swap "charity I don't like" with "fair trade supporting store/local food co-op" and "knitting patterns" with "cloth diapers/organic home grown produce" and you'd have a major uproar. Because it's not a NFL 'sacred cow,' somehow the actions of the OP are deemed okay. Whatever. It's theft. Period.
Hiya. My ds has been with TEACCH since he was 2, when he was "officially" dx'd with autism. The PP pretty well covered it, ds has been in 3 TEACCH groups, 1 social and 2 practice preschool. We also did private sessions with them where they coach the parents on how to manage problem behaviors. What I like about the program is that unlike ABA, where you're basically using straight up B.F. Skinner methodology and using rewards for a canned response, TEACCH is about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenifer76 My kids were nice enough to get strep throat and sinusitis on Sunday so they have been sleeping MORE. Go ahead, hate me. Then remember I have two sick kids to deal with and a DH who is out of town. LOL. Duuuuuuuuuuuude. Even if they DO sleep more, having sick kids blows. Oy. Ds1 is sleeping fine : Ds2 is still a little insomniac
Baby sleeping on mah chest....forgive grammar, typos, etc.. I'm fine!! Just been...erm...elsewhere on the 'net. Which reminds me, peeky, help a woman out and pm me, my computer barfed and lost all my bookmarks. I need a link.... I can't say too much w/out violating the UA. Let's just put it this way...sn kids aren't the only ones who benefit from the "least restrictive environment." Sometimes, sn mamas need that too, if you catch my drift. At any...
Quote: Originally Posted by wonderwahine you do whatever you have to for your childs needs hun, and screw anyone who says otherwise. And until someone is in a position of having to choose something like this for a serious health reason with a special needs child, they will never fully understand. Damn straight. Is she at risk without it? Will she be totally miserable without it? Is her health in jeopardy without it? Sounds like the...
We are in this boat, my son has a dx'd sensory-based feeding disorder. You need to explain to your sister and anyone else of the starve them until they break mentality that kids like yours and mine literally WILL starve rather than eat something they find unpleasant. That's just the way it works when your kid has sensory related food issues. Your case is pretty extreme, I suggest you look into OT based feeding therapy as well. We do/did that, and it has been...
ITA w/all the pp's. Whenever somebody talks about stim-breaking (that isn't harmful stimming or interfering with the individual's ability to function/be safe), I ask them how they'd like it if somebody forcefully stopped them from doing their favorite "zone out" activity, like knitting or surfing the 'net or whatever. They usually open their eyes really wide and say, "OH. Oh, I wouldn't like that, that would make me mad." I say, "exactly." People who are chronic...
That album is beautiful. Oh Elisabeth my heart is just breaking for you right now.
Oh, mama. Happy Birthday, Sweet baby James. Your mama loves you so much.
My sister actually asked me this question about ds2 today. I was amazed. She asked if it was "too late" when I told her he wasn't. : I told her it was his penis, he could get it circumcised if he so chose. I also told her I regretted having ds1 circed about 2 seconds after it was done . I admit, I was a little taken aback by her strong reaction to him NOT being circumcised. Geez.