or Connect

Posts by ChiroMum

I hope it gets better for you very soon. If it makes you feel any better, you can laugh at my life...even though I'm not pregnant anymore (2 weeks post-partum) I think my family is also trying to drive me insane. I apologize in advance for the below rant... DH and DD1 are gone for the evening to Holy Unction services (Greek Orthodox), so I'm home alone with DD2 (3 yrs old), DS2 (23 months) and DS2 (2 weeks). I get the babe nursed and full and down for his 1 hour nap...
Hi Ladies! Leonidas is now 12 days old and has gained a pound since birth - but I'm with Amanda on the oversupply issues. Gah, engorgement sucks...but, I do look at it as a positive in that when I have to go back to work, at least I'll have a freezer full of milk for him! Amdanda - what an awesome doc you have! We use a high school friend of my husbands as our pediatrician and knew after the very first visit with daughter #1 when he asked 'where does the baby sleep' and...
Hi guys!! I've not posted much, but have really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences through this DDC thread. Ok, so here is my info! Leonidas Snowdon Tigernach born 3/16 via hospital VBAC w/o meds (my goal!!) 10:23 pm 6 lbs, 1 oz 19.5 inches As soon as I figure out how to post a link to pictures I'll do it. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1527123645
Well, after 48 hours of labor, being sent home twice for failure to progress (once at 4 cm and again at 5.5 cm), my sweet little boy was born at 10:23 pm on 3/16/2010 after only 2 pushes!! Leonidas Snowdon Tigernach was born by successful and un-medicated VBAC in a wonderful hospital with a great, AWESOME midwife. We made it to 37 weeks and 2 days and he weighed 6 lbs, 1 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Off to read what the rest of you ladies have been up to for the past...
Because I've been struggling with pre-term labor since 31 weeks, EVERYONE in my office has been asking me this...and it is driving me batty!! My new response is to say, "not yet, but I'll be sure to stop by your office when my water breaks...yeah, the lighting is so nice in there...maybe I'll just stay right there for the entire birth. Hey, it is # 4, it couldn't take THAT long, right?" Most of the men that I work with have given me a very frightened look...but it has...
I'll admit it...you aren't the only one that struggles!!
The drive home this afternoon confirmed that Spring is HERE...75 degrees and I couldn't be happier!!! Is it wrong that I immediately caved in on DD2's request for brownies because I really wanted some for myself. Here's to hoping that I don't eat too many... I'm feeling great, which is a HUGE change from the norm for me, so DH is panicking and thinking that we are going to be welcoming DS a bit sooner than we would like. 6 more days and I'll be 37 weeks.
I'll have DH, a doula, and a midwife. I'm definitely one of the 'less is more' people and my mom and mother-in-law just irritate me at this point in pregnancy. This will be a midwife birth at a hospital (3rd VBAC), so I've written into the birth-plan that I don't want any attendees popping in and as few nurses as possible. That really shouldn't be a problem though. Good luck with your decision!
No sleep over here, but I've finally made it to 36 weeks!! I've been on meds to STOP labor since 31 weeks and have only 7 more days to go. All of my focus has been on keeping the babe IN and now I don't know that I want to shift that focus...I'm not ready (and you'd think this being #4 I'd be an old hand at this and be ready by now). Oh well. My staff gave me a lovely and totally surprise baby shower at work on Monday...nothing too over the top, got some sposies,...
Congrats, Amanda, he is adorable!!!