or Connect

Posts by reillys_mom

I successfully used acpuncture to induce with ds. It was just a week before my due date and my water had already broken though labor wasn't progressing, so I don't know anything about how early. I would find a practitioner who is experienced with pregnant mamas (mine worked with my mw) and discuss it with them. As much as school starting seems like a pressing date, it will wait, there are ways.
DS used to love veggies, now he will pick out minced pieces of corn, carrots, and anything green from everything we given him. There are a couple of odd exceptions -- spinach souffle he loves and artichoke! Pea souffle no, but broc/spinach yes. They go through phases and a friend who is a lactation consultant warned me when ds had just started solids that this would happen. Her dd ate practically only avocado for 6 mo and then just stopped. Also, remember that the...
So, what they forget to tell you is that the terrible 2's often start somewhere close to 18 mos. My sweet ds started with a lot of the same behavior about then. We used the "happiest toddler on the block" method of talking in very simple phrases, acknoledging his frustrations (mad, mad, mad, I know you're mad bc you want X) until he calms enough to start to listen and try to point him to something he can do (ds loves little taskslike puting clothes in the laundry). It's...
I love "The Natural Pregancy Book" by Aviva Jill Romm. It was my reference for howto handle most everything that came up in pg#1. I do wish there was a book aimed at the next time around.
Don't worry. Your midwife is right. A couple of cups a weeks will be fine. This is my 2nd and my MW laughed and said most of her 2nd time mama's had the "true confessions" with her of I'm not giving up my lattes. You clearly are super strong and have a lot of will power. Let yourself enjoy your soy latte.
For me it's Honey Nut Cheerios with cold milk. I've never thought they were that great before. I'm still trying to figure out what deficiency in my diet a craving for Honey Nut Cheerios could possibly represent. Other than that I'm pretty food indifferent. I dread each day when DH asks what I want for dinner because I never care and feel bad that I don't since he wants to make something I like. I don't even really like ice cream (a pint is now about 10 servings).
with my 1st pregnancy, the beginning to 2nd trimester was worse than 1st tri for me. I actually went to the doctor because I was so nauseated and generally felt so bad. Her main thing ws that I needed to change my diet, add mor eprotein bc the baby was demanding more and different things of me. I'm doing better this time sinceI always make sure to have lots of protein (though I don't really like any food now and am much moodier than last time). One natural pregnancy...
I'm glad that things went well. I can see dh doing the same thing. Sometimes I think that he has pregnancy brain worse than I do .
I didn't start going to the chir until after DS was born, I had separated my pubic bone int he delivery, and couldn't walk or sit. With #2 I started going at 12 weeks (when I could still lay on my stomach) to be proactive. I don't want to let my pelvis get out of alignment like last time and she is great at helping with the aches and pains of pregnancy. So far no weakness in the pelvis yet...
I didn't answer immediately because I don't live in a yurt fulltime. We have a 24 ft yurt that we live in during the summer at our summer camp. At camp everyone (campers and counselors) lives in tents, but with a toddler and #2 on the way we felt we needed a bit more of a home for the months that we are on the farm. Ours took MUCH : longer than promised to arrive and didn't come with all of the parts, so the main thing I learned was that trying to save money with the...