or Connect

Posts by j_thurm

Thanks for your advice! Do you have a link for the fitted pouches at Chic slings? Quote: Originally Posted by melissabel I have tried a solarweave pouch and its smooth but no stretch and I think that is why no one makes a ring sling from it. Jan of Sleeping Baby production tried and felt it didn't work Chic Slimgs makes solarweave adjustable and fitted pouches. I wasn't a fan of the drawstrings to adjust so I would opt for the fitted pouch....
Hmm...I have really sensitive skin so I am wondering if solarweave would be better. Anyone else find solarveil fabric uncomfortable or rough when wearing? Has anyone tried a solarweave sling? Thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by melissabel For me, the solarveil fabric was a little rough for me but I may just have sensitive skin.
Great advice, thanks...but I don't think I want to try learning a wrap with a newborn...I have no clue how to use them. Too bad they didn't make a sling with that! Quote: Originally Posted by melissabel Not to confuse you further but since you mentioned that you weren't going to be spending much time in the water, Moby wrap makes a wrap with Rayosan ( sp?) that offers sunscreen protection. I just love stretchy wraps for a newborn. However if you...
Thanks that answers a big question/concern I have!!! Quote: Originally Posted by lyttlewon No I never had a problem with it being slippery. It was a little rough because of the texture but DD never complained and it never bugged me. I never washed it until the lake experience and it was much softer after it was washed.
Thanks so much for your help. Maybe you answered this already...but: I had read that solarveil was slippery, ie, hard to keep a baby in the sling when not in the water or the sling wasn't wet. Did you ever find that? Thanks! Andrea Quote: Originally Posted by MollyandCleo Some people find solarveil a bit scratchy, but it never bothered me, or my little one. It softens up after a couple of washes. There are more and more solarveil options...
Thanks for the advice. I had read that solarveil was slippery, ie, hard to keep a baby in the sling when not in the water or the sling wasn't wet. Did you ever find that? Also, did you ever find the fabric was kind of rough? Thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by lyttlewon I have a solarveil sling and I love it. I haven't used solarweave. I have no complaints about the solarveil. I wore it in the lake once and it stank so I washed it and was fine....
I am spinning my head around, lol! There are so many options. I am due this Summer and want a sling that is going to be cool and breathable yet offer protection from the sun so I don't have to lather the baby in sunscreen. I am anticipating spending quite a bit of time outdoors with two toddlers besides. Also, I don't see myself going to the beach or pool much. So, my questions are: What would one recommend for me? And if that recommendation is a solarweave...
I grew up near Midland and now live near Brighton!! Quote: Originally Posted by Silvercrest79 I'm also from Michigan. I have three girls. : Where in MI are you? I'm in Midland.
There is a wahm starting out making them at great prices, super nice and helpful over at diaperswappers. PM me with your e-mail address and I will pass it on to her. Quote: Originally Posted by Enudely I'm thinking of investing in obe of those lambskin pads in the hope that dd will sleep better. Also hoping I can use it for nightime ec. Anyone use one of these succesfully in the family bed? brand recomendations? tia
I knew what you meant Quote: Originally Posted by caned & able Whoops, I mean UP, the upper peninsula...