or Connect

Posts by heathenmom

OP, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  My first HATED the car; the second wasn't quite so bad, and so far (knock wood) #3 seems to do MUCH better than his sisters.  The only thing that saved my sanity was a swaddle blanket that was designed for using in a carseat.  I still vividly remember the day I bought it.  The trip TO the store was horrible; she screamed the entire way.  The trip home ... I was going to take the blanket home and wash it first, but she was so...
  So gross, and probably TMI, but I get yeast rashes ALL the time from it.  I've always just managed it on my own, i.e., I was too embarrassed to go to the doctor about it.  Guess that was a bad decision.  :/    
  OK, I know this thread isn't about this specifically, but I have to ask .... will insurance PAY for that?  I always assumed it'd be considered cosmetic so never even considered that I might be able to get this done.    ETA:  I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight too, but hardly anything fits right.  I bought a couple of knit dresses from Walmart.  The bodice is like a tube-top; they have spaghetti straps, but they're too long and I haven't had time to try to alter them so...
Wow, insect issues seem to be, ah, bugging everybody!   We have ants.  I know it's due to the drought, plus the fact that I cannot make my girls understand that food and drinks stay IN THE KITCHEN.  We had them so bad in my sister's house (we lived with her while building our house) that I ended up with some kind of weird PTSD or something.  Currently I've found them in the kitchen, dining room, downstairs bathroom, living room, and the girls' bedroom.  I also keep...
We had our 2nd (and final) uc on June 9th.  Eamon Kenneth was 11 lb. 2 oz. and was born at 41 weeks 1 day after a less-than-4-hour labor.  It was ... INTENSE -- FAR more difficult than his sister's birth.  He was fine, but has had lots of issues nursing and had a fever at 4 days, both of which landed him in the hospital for 48 hours.  We're still trying to recover nursing-wise from everything, but it's better than it was.  :/   We were so happy that the birth...
Aw, she's GORGEOUS.  :)   tracymom, the actual latching-on part of nursing has improved dramatically, but at the weight check on Friday he'd only gained an ounce in a week (that's 2 oz. in 2 weeks) and he's still not back up to birth weight.  Our ped (who's a HUGE supporter of bf'ing) said that he's working so hard to nurse that he's burning up all the calories he's consuming, and that I'd HAVE to supplement for at least a while (2 oz. after every nursing session),...
Trying to figure out if I'm doing the right thing RE nursing/supplementing.  After he ended up in the hospital I'm having a hard time trusting myself.   The lactation consultant told me yesterday to stop going straight for the bottle of formula if I couldn't get him to latch.  She suggested that I try other ways to calm him down, then offer the breast again.  I did that all day long and every time he eventually latched.  Yay!  He had plenty of wet dipes, but not as many...
I'm LOL'ing a little RE the "nameless" thing.  We name our babies in a formal ceremony at 9 days, and no one but me and dh knows the name until then.  It drove everybody NUTS with dd#2, but they were a little more calm about it this go-round.
I was mostly concerned about the weight loss as it related to all the fluid I was carrying.  I had a net gain for the whole pregnancy of 10 lb. and I've been overly-curious what my weight was going to end up being once I'd gotten through the initial postpartum phase.  I usually gain about 30 lb. and lose it within 6 weeks.  Right now I'm about 25 lb. lighter than I was when I started the pregnancy.  Woohoo!   I had JUST started the Couch to 5K program when I found...
Thanks for thinking of us, tracymom.  It's been a difficult 12 days, to say the least, but I think we're starting to even out.  He was having trouble nursing from the start, then he got "nipple" confusion because I was letting him suck on my finger for comfort during all the painful procedures in the hospital.  Then he just couldn't seem to get the "suck" thing down at the breast ... it was just one thing after another.  When we went to our follow-up appointment last...