or Connect

Posts by maya44

Hmmm, would you have felt ok if you were talking to someone YOU knew, let that person hold your dd and you dp came and snatched your dd from YOUR friend saying "I don't know you, you can't hold my baby"????? If you can honestly say that yeah, you'd have no problem with it, its ok. If not, you need to rethink your reaction.
Is his fremulum short? Can he easily put his tounge out of his mouth? Can he swipe his tounge around all of the inner reaches on his gums? If the answer to these is "no" I'd do a frenulumectormy to give him more movement. Pushing on the front teeth is just one side effect of a short frenlum. Kids whose frenulums are too short also can have gum problems (because they can't clean the inside of their mouths the way other do.) I'd have an expereinced PEDIATRIC oral...
Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom It's very relaxing...any idea when the new seasons starts? I keep hoping she will have fewer celebrities on. I am always dissapointed when I sit down, get comfy, and it's star pitching his latest movie! I have to get up, move all the clothes, and fetch a DVD. lol It starts tomorrow!!!!!! David Letterman is the guest. I like him and he's not going to pitch a movie or anything (I hate that too). But I like her...
She just got a BOOK contract out of her e-bay/blog. Isn't that cool! http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2773360.story
Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom Think of a 28 mos old as you would a puppy. They are just babies themselve and really, no matter what you say, they simply need constant supervision. Even when the older baby towers over the infant sib, you have to keep it clear in your mind that he is also still a babe. I know it's difficult; my middle two are only 15 mos apart in age, but it's important to understand that the older baby doesn't have a great...
Quote: Originally Posted by beanma is SOP, Secret of Parenting by Anthony Wolfe? try Maya44 -- she's the expert on Wolfe. i don't know if she hangs out in this forum or not, but maybe if we call her out she'll come... Maya? Maya 44? oh Maaaayyyyyyyaaaaa! Hey! Well 3 is kind of young for most SOP stuff. I think most of his stuff starts around age 4. I think at 3 many kids are just not ready to do much helping. That does not mean you...
Quote: Originally Posted by jennnk What I remember from middle school is this: the "cool" kids buy lunch. The "cool" kids who bring lunch bring because they disdain the school's food, it is beneath them. They bring it in plain paper sacks and have either "cool" processed nastiness (lunchables and single-serving jello pudding were popular in the early-mid 90s) or exotic-enough stuff that the other kids realize that their parents (well, usually Mom) is...
We found that the only thing that worked was to hold them down and then put the drops on the inside corner of the closed eye. Then shout "open your eyes", the drops would then go in. We didn't "bribe" in the traditional sense but we gave them a small (little plastic figures) toy each time to acknowledge that this kind of sucked.
Quote: Originally Posted by lesley&grace I could see that showing up on those "most ridiculous/useless item I recieved as a baby gift" lists, alongside those fairly useless baby wipe heaters. Just goes to show you that what is one person's "useless" is another person's "GODSEND". My middle dd had sensory issues. She would scream like she was being cut with a knife until we started using heated wipes. Which she LOOOOOOOOOVED! So not so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brigianna I don't get changing tables in general. The floor is much easier, more room, no worry about baby falling off, and you don't have to lift baby onto a table. You must be young and/or have a strong back. The floor is NOT easier for many moms who find crouching/leaning over on the floor difficult and dangerous for their backs. And the baby is already in arms so what 's more difficult about placing it on the...