or Connect

Posts by maya44

I think this is such a "culture of where you live/the group you hang with". Here NO ONE, opens presents at kids parties. Between my three dd's we have probably been to more than 400 birthday parties in the last ten years and not one involved present opening. Written thank yous were sent in almost all cases.
You could have bigger problems than getting in trouble for them using pot. If you allow them to have it and use it on your property and a teen who can drive does so, you can be held responsible for injuries and death to that teen or caused by that teen behing the wheel. A case, involving alcohol, just went all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court and the Pareants lost. They have to go to jail for years, there other children are being taken from them etc..... I...
oops, double post
We have 5 pairs of jeans, 5 pairs of capris 2 pairs of lightweight yoga pants in black and brown 3 skirts. 2 pairs of leggings 4 short sleeve shirts 6 long sleeve shirts 8 tank tops (layered under sweat shirts or other tops, so its ok at school) 2 light weight sweat shirts
Okay I do have to tell a story here. When my dd was around 10 we got her a bralett at Target. We were swimming with my Crunchy Homeschooling SIL and her kids and my neice the same age was like "Why don't you just wear an undershirt" and my dd said that she would feel too "babyish" around the kids in school. Neice was like "I would never wear that when I could just wear an undershirt. They are too uncomortoable." Later on that trip my SIL was talking about her...
Quote: I agree I LMAO when I read the laundry thing as a reason for objecting to wearing a swim suit in the tub!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote: Originally Posted by Robert Goodman I don't think anyone actually raised that objection, just that incorrigible tried to anticipate it. Ahem... Quote: Originally Posted by leewd TMy girls "swim" in the bathtub all the time, but only naked. I wouldn't want to do the...
It seems like every tween in the town where we live is either going to or hosting a High School Musical 2 party. Is it just here? We are the hosts by the way!
Target ones are great. Sold in the girls underwear section. Cheap, comfy and cute
Quote: Originally Posted by Robert Goodman Hey, I just thought of something. If making body parts invisible to other family members is a benefit, it could be a selling point for my bubble mixture -- it makes denser, more opaque foam than others. Good manners without swimsuits! Robert OM Gosh! No it is NOT a matter of "making body parts invisible". It is matter of a culture where private parts are just that "PRIVATE." We don't walk around...
Quote: Originally Posted by Synchro246 If a tantrum arises anyway, try to not become emotionally involved. Repeat your stance in short sentences -- "Sorry, no markers" or "No markers" & just be a broken record. It's ok for him to be upset though. If saying your peace "no markers" doesn't help him just let him be upset for a little while. ITA. Kids this age sometimes tantrum because they are not sure they can survive not getting something they...