or Connect

Posts by babygrant

I got my books today!!!!  YIPEE.  The Mood Cure and The Diet Cure.  Now that I'm past ovulation, I should have about a week of minimal anxiety and then if things continue how they have for the past few months, I'll be smacked with a week of horrid anxiety right before my period.  But I'm glad today I'm in the right frame of mind to get my head into the books and see if there's something that jumps out at me!
I agree.
I actually bought crochet needles and started to make wash cloths....didn't help.     My sister has very very mild anxiety.  Doesn't even phase her really.  She just says she worries obsessivly about her kids.    My mom is anti-doctor, anti-medication, anti-supplement.  She doesn't do anything about hers.  She doesn't get it often, just says her heart races sometimes, but that's to the extent of what she told me.   Back when I had the major depression I was on prozac,...
No no, no thoughts of suicide.  I've been to that point before when I was in a severe depression about 10 years ago, and thankfully haven't been there since.  I would've looked for pharamceutical help long long ago had I felt like that.   I'm not afraid of anything happening between now and tuesday....the feelings of anxiety just suck SOOOO bad.  Can't even sit down comfortably for 2 minutes.  
Hmm, I hit multiquote, but I don't see any of the messages on my reply.  Hmm.....   Thanks so much for the replies everyone.  I sat down with DH last night and we talked.  Since I had a bottle of 5HTP still kicking around, I decided I'd try a lower dose and see if that helps.  My doctor originally told me to try 150 mg in the morning and 150 mg at night.  Of course I had major nausea, heart palps, and I think it fueled my anxiety.  So today I took 50 mg right before...
  The panic attacks come out of nowhere.  The anxiety is feeling anxious about having a panic attack.  I start feeling anxious and then I get even more anxious wondering if it's going to turn into a full blown attack.   I started having panic attacks after I rolled my dads ATV down a 150 foot bank.  I was honestly lucky to have came out with it with a minor concussion and scrapes and bruises.  I remember driving home from work just a few days later and was driving along a...
Will touch on this  as soon as I get back.  Have to bring the kids to a birthday party, and going to look around at the library.
Well The Linden Method is CBT based I believe.  I've looked for a CBT practitioner here, and there's none.  I went to counselling a few times but hated it.  I tried a couple different ones and the only one left is the mother of a girl I used to be friends with, so not willing to open myself up in that situation.   I do yoga, I am frequently on my treadmill or bringing the dog for a walk.  I just ordered The Mood Cure and The Diet Cure, but they won't get here for a...
Í really need some answers, but that forum is so slow. :(   http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1297726/have-spent-so-much-money-on-supplements-for-anxiety-almost-headed-to-get-some-meds#post_16257204
I'm quite honestly fed up.  I'm so sick of the days where I'm so anxious I want to lay in bed and cry.   Most of my days lately have been good.  I get one or two days every 10 or so that my anxiety is through the roof.  Then right before my period it escalates and I end up with a week straight of pure hell.     I've spent so much money, money that we don't have, on supplements claiming to cure anxiety, and I have yet to find one that actually works.  I bought The...