or Connect

Posts by RedHen4

My first homebirth was with #5 as well. I wore a nightgown while laboring, but changed into a tank-top with a built-in bra when I got into the pool. I'm not crazy about having my breasts or belly exposed, either! Did the same thing (with the same top) for #6.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...5#post10528835
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...5#post10528835
Name:Miriam Esther Due:December 12, 2007 Born:7:45 p.m. December 18, 2007 Weight:9 lbs. 10 oz. Length: 21.5 in. On April 5, 2007, the kids were all playing outside when my husband came home from work and asked how I was. Despite my best intentions to wait for a more opportune moment to spring my news on him, that question sent me into a semi-hysterical laughing fit. How was I?? I was PREGNANT!! Although we (that is, “I”) had definitely been planning on a...
For my own sanity, I stop counting after 25.
We are now a family of 8! Our third daughter, Miriam Esther, was born at home in the water at 7:45 p.m. December 18th. She's just a tiny little thing, weighing in at 9 lbs. 10 oz. She was my second latest baby, but my fastest labor. I called my husband at about 5:15 p.m. to say "I think this is it" and she was born 2 1/2 hours later!
40 wks 6 days. I had my first chiropractor appointment today, for unrelated-to-pregnancy (I think) issues, but also told him if there was anything he could do to encourage better positioning, etc., he was welcome to do it. :-) Went from there to my midwife, and everything looks great. She's not at all induction happy, but did say if *I* wanted her to do any encouraging, she would--we'll wait to see how I'm feeling this weekend. After contractions Sunday night and...
40 wks + 5 days today. Thought I was going to have a baby for a while last night. Woke up after midnight with some noticeable contractions, which got a little stronger after I finally decided to get up. Then I was hungry so I fixed a snack...and they disappeared. So all I got was 3 hours of WIDE AWAKE time in the middle of the night! Yuck.
40 wks 4 days. Not really looking forward to going to church today to deal with all those well-meaning women who are aghast that I am STILL pregnant. Of course, I never imagined I would still be pregnant at this point, either. Aren't you supposed to get a break with your 6th baby??
40 wks + 3 days. Today I got a beautiful baby quilt in the mail from a friend, and lost control and cried and cried. I am exhausted and sore and I want to see my baby! Korrie