or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by ehsclt

I have read and liked this book. It is very much based on logical consequences, respecting children and being aware of their stages of development and corresponding needs. I think it would be a good book for a discussion group.
This has probably been said many times before, so excuse the redundancy if you've already read this suggestion. I have a dd who just turned five. We've struggled a lot over the last six months with negativity and "back talk". A friend recommended that I read, "Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline" by Becky Bailey. My local library had it and I read it right away. It has been wonderful! This doesn't mean that all of the negativity has gone away (though much of it...
In my experience, yeast manifests as red dots, rather than just redness. The whole patch might be red, but if you run your finger over it, you'll feel small bumps. I think you're right that you're not dealing with yeast, since it is not spreading. I find that yeast spreads if not taken care of.
Thanks for sharing your success! You are a wonderful parent and you're so wise to reflect with pride on a good day like this one. I know from daily experience how hard it is to stay patient and understanding through several meltdowns. Congratulations to you for doing so!! I'm going to think of your note the next time I'm struggling. Emily
I haven't read the other posts, so I apologize in advance if this is repetitive. I also have a four year old (mine is nearly five) and wow, your do your morning challenges sound similar to ours. I have really struggled with the dynamic we have had going on, because I feel like some sort of horrid drill sargeant. And I am not a morning person myself, so I totally understand dd wanting to move slowly. In the last month, our problems have gotten much much easier. A...
Great suggestions! We also love the Putamayo CD's, They Might Be Giants, Dan Zaynes. Other favorites include Elizabeth Mitchell (both of her solo cds) and Billy Jonas (What Kind of Cat are You?) The Curious George soundtrack has been a real hit lately, too.
My 4.5 year old dd has been very defiant lately as well. I have really been struggling with it...lots of "No's" and refusals to do things. I have been reading, "Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline" by Becky Bailey and it is helping immensly. My particular issues were parenting too passively (I was "asking" my daughter to do things in a very unclear way, always ending in "Okay?", but really meaning that I wanted her to do it.) Since I have been communicating more...
Love the name...but even moreso, the baby himself. What a beautiful baby!!!
I second what Tracilicious said. I love the Positive Discipline books (you might see your library has "Positive Discipline: the First Three Years") I also really like "Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline". It has been immensely helpful to me. Best of luck to you. Parenting is so hard and humbling. I am learning that over and over again. And no journey is less important.
I have a 4.5 year old who once ate anything we presented to her. For the last two years or so, she's prefered her few favorite foods. Our 2.5 year old will eat anything, the more exotic, the better!! With the 4.5 year old, I just insist that she try something before rejecting it. About 30% of the time she tries a bite of something that looks unappealing to her, she ends up liking it. The other 70% of the time, after her one bite, she is welcome to get herself some...
New Posts  All Forums: