or Connect

Posts by Shantimama

Last year I had flu which nearly became pneumonia and it was scary and a really long recovery.This year I got a flu shot, With my asthma I really should and last year taught me a lesson.   Lice only came into our house once about 8 years ago and we were lucky that it was short lived but pinworms were a major issue for my kids for a few years. Yuck.   Puppy just got her second shots which means longer walks and no need to avoid other dogs. She isn't crazy about walking...
Nic - I love you and so do we all. I am sorry you are struggling so much these days. FWIW I can't believe how many of my health, pain and digestive issues have magically lessened or cleared up in the last four months. I am still celiac and have some food allergies and sensitivities but I am so much healthier and more physically comfortable. Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? Especially when all of that stuff flares back up whenever I have contact with a certain...
Ouch. Just deep fried the back of one finger while making papadums for dinner. This does not work well with the need to wind and twist 1000 mini-skeins of yarn this week.   I forget - do any Dingoes juice?
The blizzard finally ended so maybe now I can get back to snowshoeing for my exercise. The shovelling wasn't quite as bad today, thank goodness. Yesterday half my car was buried. Maybe the schools will open again tomorrow and life can begin to return to normal. The kids have been off for three weeks now and while we are still doing great together, it is time to get back into a more productive routine. Weird how I am parenting on my own now and I don't get nearly as...
I hope everyone is staying warm and safe! We are completely housebound and that is fine by me at this point. Every road and highway in the county and the four counties south of us is closed. Basically ER's are the only thing open but I don't know  how anyone could get to a hospital in this weather!  Yesterday we had about four feet of snow fall/blow in and it didn't stop all night and it is heavier today. In a little while I need to head out with ds and dig out the path to...
I am using Safari as I have for years with MDC. The last few days I have had Safari crash every time I try to reply to a thread on MDC. It isn't happening on any other website I use. In fact, it hasn't happened while I have been writing this post which surprises me because normally it happens within 30 seconds of each time I start replying to a post. It has been happening when I post in private forums, if that makes a difference when you look into it. I have made it...
Just popping in here to let you know I am so grateful to be a Dingo    and I will check in with you all later today. 
Nic - celiac and asthma are both inflammatory processes and I have found a connection between them with me this year. When I went on that three month super strict anti-inflammatory diet all of my symptoms for both died right down. Now I am pretty good about avoiding gluten and that helps the celiac symptoms but I am not all that great at avoiding all of the inflammatory foods and my asthma and joint pain are not great. My stomach is pretty irritable too, just not as...
Nic -  Sadly, the geographic connection doesn't really surprise me. Canadians often pride ourselves on our tolerance and how we don't have the same kind of racism and bigotry that you see in some other countries - but often it is just less blatant and visible. That is at least as bad as the redneck variety of bigotry you referred to. I think people who are educated and see themselves as enlightened and "good" can be cruel and hateful in very poisonous ways.    Had a...
ds asked me to walk with him to his bus stop this morning. It was a good walk as he is super tall and walks fast so it is a workout just to keep up with him! I only walked a mile or so total but I did two good things at once with it and all before anything else in my day.   Can I ask us all to do something? Every now and then I see pics on FB and I see these wonderful half grown up kids that I remember being born. Can we all post how old our dinglets are now? My ds is 17...