or Connect

Posts by Shantimama

Sorry to be so behind with personals. I have started working in the yarn shop - we don't open for another week but there is so much to do to set up! This week I am spending my days literally up to my elbows in gorgeous yarns as we get them unpacked and shelved. The sheer volume of yarn is incredible but I am not complaining at all - I can't think of a better way to get some exercise right now  I wish some Dingoes lived closer because this is going to be an amazing shop...
I do believe I have done my weight training for this week. The weigh scale at the landfill registered 1500 pounds of garbage from our basement, almost all of which I bagged and carried up the stairs and outside. That doesn't include the stuff I was able to save by carrying it upstairs and then back down again  - and  that was actually the heavy stuff!
Three feet of snow fell last week. It all melted in the last 36 hours while rain and freezing rain fell. My basement is flooded - I spent most of the afternoon filling garbage bags and lugging them outside. It isn't really a basement, more of a crawlspace (4.5 feet high) and it is a MESS. I am just in the mode of throwing anything even remotely questionable out - I just want it all gone. Fortunately things with sentimental value were high up or in plastic bins (things...
I just helped ds review for his World Religions exam on Monday. He understands the material beautifully. The funny thing? His dad is a minister, he has gone to Catholic schools for the past six years, and Christianity is the only section he struggled with  
Plady - I have no idea what the best thing to do about the dogs is. We had a sweet golden retriever for 11 years but she drove me crazy/. We got her when she was a puppy and I was smitten - and then right when she got into the nippy, exasperating older puppy phase I got pregnant with ds and was vomiting 24/7 for 8 months. I had little patience for the dog and h wanted a dog who would just "hang out" - not a puppy! She mellowed out but I was extremely allergic to her so...
        Mine was a gift from my closest friend. She totally blew me out of the water by giving it to me for my birthday. I had been longing for a Blendtec. I am not sure they are really hugely different, just a lot of name brand loyalty on both sides is my hunch.    I raided my freezer and the fruit sale shelf at the store for this morning's smoothie - blackberries, watermelon, mint, red grapes and coconut water. Sweet and simple. I had  one of my black bean patties with...
Mel - I am glad you and your dd are okay.   1jooj - have to admit I probably would have flipped out if my h (or anyone) gave me a "pull up your socks" talking to when my main issue was lack of alone time. I hope the steak was good!   nic - i was given a Vitamix for my birthday and I LOVE it. I use it at least a couple of times just about every day - smoothies, soups, gravy, salad dressings. I used to have a Kitchen Aid blender and thought it was amazing - until I...
Poppy -    Real - ugh on the family drama. Is there any way to just step back from it all and let them revel in their drama knowing this is what they will do with or without you? You sound like you need a break from it all    Jo - so, so glad to hear you finding such a good routine. How is the writing coming?   loftmama - hope you get out for that run today   mommajb - I hear you on the fits of rudeness. My kids go through spats of that and it is so hard...
sparkletruck - "Do the YO and slip the next two.  What you're describing is YO, K, SSK. " was a perfect explanation. When you aren't sure, just do exactly what each piece of the pattern says and trust it. I am glad you are happy with how your scarf turned out. Lacework requires more attention than a lot of other knitting and I tend to do less of it because I hate paying attention    Jo - wow! What your dh did is wonderful and huge progress from a few years...