or Connect

Posts by Shantimama

You know, there is something to be said for doing things the easy way instead of being so darned conscientious about everything. The girls weren't even hungry for pizza by the time they burned through the snacks so now I have a couple of easy meals still in the freezer. I minimized effort as much as I could - two cases of pop, store bought hummus and pita instead of the usual homemade everything, chips and dip - the onion dip was homemade because dd loves it and I don't...
dd2 is having her 13th birthday party tomorrow as she was down with the flu when it was originally supposed to happen. This means that we will have ten 12/13 year old girls over from 4-9 and two of them will be sleeping over after. I have no words for how completely unprepared I feel for this right now. Here is what I am thinking - homemade pizza, hummus with pita and carrots, chips and dip and lots of movies. Does that sound good? The original plan was to decorate...
I    Dingoes. 
Jooj - so glad to hear how much happier than you were this time last year. Are you getting any time to write now that you are homeschooling?   Plady - Congratulations and way to go!   mommajb - I am not big on school functions either. I did a lot when my kids first transitioned to school from homeschooling but I have little to no patience for the parenting politics that goes on.    ehbien - those growth spurts are exhausting for mums. Hang in...
I am sorry Geo.   A young, beloved teacher at my kids' school died suddenly last year and it was so hard. The teachers were trying to deal with their own grief as well as carrying on with their jobs and helping the kids too. It is so sad.
Try this pattern - http://www.cometosilver.com/patterns/palindrome.htm  you get cables on both sides with this and it is a fun and easy pattern to work.
Bathrobe Goddess comes to mind  
I am better than I was but still not great. I think I would be fine without the underlying asthma. ds is in bed sick today and dd1 is on a school trip on the other side of the province sick too. She was so looking forward to this trip and has spent most of the week in the infirmary. I hope she can participate in these last few days at least! And poor dd2 is about where I am in her recovery except that she had her bottom braces put on on Monday so she has the added bonus...
Hi Dingoes, I am still crawling out from under this flu monster. I will catch up with everyone later today or tomorrow. Sparkle - your new doggie is adorable. I am so happy for you
Happy Thanksgiving to all American Dingoes!     dd2 has been home most of the week with the flu and now I have it too. Am trying not to get too stressed about not being able to work on my studies but it isn't really working. I don't have the energy or attention span to study but wanted to be further ahead than I am right now. I will still finish everything ahead of time, just hate taking time off. I forgot how awful the flu feels. I have been blending lemon, cinnamon...