or Connect

Posts by Shantimama

We have our sweet puppy home with us tonight. She seems so relieved to be here and has slept peacefully and when she is awake she is loving us by letting us rub her ears all we want  Our vet has been truly amazing. The only person I could imagine being any better would be Naught Dingo herself. I will take her back in the morning for a little care from the vet, then bring her home to be with me all day, then at 5 we will take her back for the last time. It is time. She...
Hi Hollysmom!!! Of course I remember you    Welcome back! Do you still live in TO?             I spent half an hour rubbing my dog's ears and loving her all I could at the vet's office this morning. Something is going to have to change in a big way in the next day if she is going to make it. She has a little more sensation and movement in her tail and one hind leg but she looked miserable. The vet said a lot of that was due to medication but still   I am...
 We just came back from the vet. Her back legs are paralyzed, she only has the smallest amount of feeling and tone in her back end including her tail. They said one option was to take her to the city where they could do an MRI and back surgery but that would cost ~$5000 and we can't afford that and h said so right away. They are keeping her to try medical treatment but the prognosis isn't very hopeful. H asked for a quote on that and agreed to try it for a couple of days...
I have a very sick little dog here right now  I love this dog more than any pet I have ever had and I am so worried about her. Fever, started by not jumping onto furniture late yesterday, then unable to manage stairs, perked up a little, then unable to lie down and is clearly in pain. She has been awake all night, sitting up and giving me that look only a hurting dog can give. Am off to call the vet and get her in right away. I just want to make it all better!
These smoothies are helping right now the way running used to and I wish it still was. Even with the inhalers right now it is so bad that I get out of breath just going up and down the stairs so exercise is all yoga done right here at home with my inhaler within reach because sometimes just bending over and standing back up is a problem. How weird is that? All the good stuff in my smoothies is making me feel great otherwise. I just finished today's and I feel as...
This morning we have a fall-comfort-smoothie winner.....   chia seeds flax seeds pumpkin seeds sunflower seeds almonds peaches ginger kale pumpkin butter coconut water   and yesterday's smoothie boosted my mood and energy after a terrible start to the day -  chia seeds flax seeds pomegranate blueberries mango almonds kale coconut water honey   I am off to a craft show today. Was there all day yesterday and not one sale so...
Oh Nic   Something must be in the air this morning because I am just recovering from a similar start to my day. The sweet and sunshiny part of my morning so far was cleaning up raw eggs from the floor and then several surprises of dog vomit and poop all over the house. Then my girls had one doozy of a nasty fight while I was working my way through the mess in the kitchen. I was probably hiding in the bathroom sobbing at the same time as you  Do you work today? Can you...
Not a smoothie technically but I just made a drink I have to share with my Dingo sisters. I tossed a quarter of a lemon, a handful of fresh mint, a little honey and a couple cups of water int he vitamix and I have never found a drink more refreshing. This may become a staple around here!
I really like that it is light early in the morning now. I don't mind the dark in the late afternoon as much as I mind it in the morning. I had the early car pool drive this morning and it was already light when I picked the kids up instead of still dark when I got them to school 45 minutes later!   This morning -  chia seeds flax seeds pomegranate blueberries raspberries spinach kale coconut water   and a little leftover sweet potato and almond...
Geo -  I am so sorry.    1jooj - good to see you back   I can't wait to hear more as you settle in!     Today's smoothie tastes especially decadent and yummy - I am going to have to make this one again: chia seeds flax seeds cherries raspberries dark cocoa a pinch of organic sugar spinach almond milk   Very rich and satisfying - tastes like it should be bad for me but how can it be with all that stuff in it? I am finding the hormonal swings...