or Connect

Posts by christianmomof3

Congratulations on your son!  I am sorry that your family is being so legalistic about it.  I was raised Jewish and dh was raised Lutheran and he is circumcised so was my first husband, who was also a gentile.  Honestly for most of my life, I just kind of thought everyone did it and the connection to religion did not seem to me whether it was done, but rather, how it was done.  Anyway, I went from being Jewish, to agnostic to a born again Christian and am now - um - a...
You can click on the titles for full reviews - The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez - about the teenage girl who faked being pregnant as a school project. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown - not as good as The DaVinci Code Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls by Mary Pipher, PhD. - really good for parents of teenage daughters The Candymakers by Wendy Mass - my 10 yo dd liked it Insurgent by Veronica Roth Our Black Year: One Family's Quest to...
I have read several books this month. Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore and The American Way of Eating: Undercover at Wal-Mart, Applebee's, Farm Fields and the Dinner Table by Tracie McMillan which was quite interesting and revealing and The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett and it's sequel World Without End by Ken Follett and Peace like a River by Leif Enger which is really incredible and Still Alice by Lisa Genova about...
I recently read The Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara with Susan McClelland which is very sad about a woman who lived in Sierra Leone and when she was 12 years old, a man who she was betrothed to raped her, then the rebel army cut off her hands.  Such a sad story. I also read Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots by Deborah Feldman about a young woman who left the horribly legalistic New York Hasidic Jewish culture that she was raised in. and I...
I am interested in the responses as well.  I recently got the book and wonder what the medical community has to say about it.  
I just read The Skin Map by Stephen R. Lawhead
I just read Above World by Jenn Reese and am currently reading The Wandering Gene and the Indian Princess: Race, Religion, and DNA byJeff Wheelwright
I just read Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman which was really quite interesting! I recommend it.
I just read Rot & Ruin by Johathan Maberry - it is a zombie apocalypse book. I have never been into zombies, but did you know that the CDC has a preparedness plan for a zombie apocalypse?   http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp really.  Anyway, I liked Rot & Ruin and now I am reading it's sequel - Dust & Decay.
I recently read Called to Controversy: The Unlikely Story of Moishe Rosen and the Founding of Jews for Jesus by Ruth Rosen and The Help by Kathryn Stockett and The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman and unPLANNED: The dramatic true story of a former Planned Parenthood leader's eye-opening journey across the life line by Abby Johnson with Cindy Lambert __________________