or Connect

Posts by JJ'sMom

A previous post said that you could put the dried placenta in a bag and beat it into powder. I'm gonna try that with a rolling pin - just crushing the strips then pouring the powder into a jar to consume in smothies after. I do not have a grinder and would not want a secondhand grinder that was used for coffee or drugs either.
I was taking Sepia, a homeopathic remedy for my PPD with DS2 while nursing. It really helped. I had to take two drops under the tongue in the am and then as needed I think. Do google it though as there were some interesting notes about what "kind" of person it would work for. In regards to the oils, I was told that if you start to get runny poop from it, then you are taking a bit too much...though ground flax can firm it up a lot if your water intake is too...
http://www.birthingnaturally.net/bir...ntraction.html Timing Contractions - the link has more info, here is a summary. There are two factors to consider when timing contractions. How far apart are the contractions, and how long are the contractions? To determine how far apart the contractions are you begin timing at the start of a contraction, and end timing at the beginning of the next contraction. To determine how long a contraction is, you begin timing at...
The day I has DS2, I went shopping with my mom and laughed at the Bh's I was getting. About every aisle I'd say, "Here is another one. They are very regular when I am walking." I also drank a lot of water that day...3 times my normal amount. Apparently those were my signs. I did not feel a "contraction" until I was involuntarily pushing. No bloody show or mucus plug, and my water stayed intact until DS crowned...So I "birthed" the bag of waters first, then his head,...
I know how that feels. I've had PPD with my last two and have felt me slipping during this pregnancy. The PPD forum here is excellent and supportive. Personally, I have had luck with taking homeopathic stuff - sepia - and some dietary changes - no dairy no wheat. Kinda made me more depressed to try it at first though...no more of my favorite foods. I hope you can find your way through the maze or avoid it all together and be an amazing example for your kids about...
I was GBS+ with my last pregnancy, and asked about retesting closer to my due date. The test takes three days to get results from as the bacteria has to grow in the petri dish or whatever, so I did not test again. It was a good choice as I delivered two days later....Here the midwives carry and administer antibiotics for home birthers now.
Here is a really off the wall idea. Feel free to disregard if it would not work, but...sometimes a "healing circle" mediated by a third party trained in healing circles can really help both parties. You would get an opportunity to talk about your experience with the nurse and she would get to respond. Tis can really help bring closure for you too. Usually it is a very healing and growing time for all involved. It would not damage her career, but it could open her to more...
DH has been nesting for the both of us.: He washed the deck this weekend and tackles the floors every other day. I have a burning desire to clean the bathrooms with a really good cleaner, but cannot seem to buy "fantastic" or other such style. (Seems to be a chemical smell hang up) Usually we just use baking soda and vinegar, but I really want to go crazy. Baby clothes are sorted and in drawers, but we need new diapers again. Our 5 year old heavy use ones are...
I see Dr. Cathy Carlson-Rink in Langley. She is excellent. Her clinic partner is also good. She has been my midwife for my last two children and is really good with our family and all our food sensitivities. If you google her, she is everywhere. Here is the Family Health Clinic number (604) 534-3248
Quote: Originally Posted by emmaegbert high chair thoughts: We got a "kinderzeat" (or used to be called "trip trap chair") on Craigs List when my son was 15mo. It can be adjusted to be a chair seating people up to 300lbs. Its sturdy. Its plain wood and VERY easy to wipe clean. Its almost untippable- believe me my son has tried. I have some friends whose kids are teenagers now and still using the chairs- they are extremely durable (and those kids are...