or Connect

Posts by The Duchess

lovingmommyhood I am so thankful that this all turned out well and I think of your amazing reaction and how you just scooped him up and set off running. It was like you body took over as your mind was in shock. I can emphasize with so much of what you describe emotionally. Our second daughter (we have three children) was diagnosed with a rare blood disease at 8 months and she had chemotherapy for almost 2 years. It was life threatening at certain times and she had a...
Attila, going back to your original question, Adoration is an optional devotion. Many people experience great grace and I'm sure your time in Adoration was not wasted and God will bless you for your desire to know Christ better. However, if you are really not enjoying this devotion I would do something different, especially if you are not even Catholic. Are you in a parish RCIA group? What is your personality like and what is attracting you to Catholicism?
My understanding regarding Catholic Theology is that emotions are not good or bad they just are. They are a normal part of human experience. We can't control our emotions but we can control our will. Our will is what makes us unique as humans and when we decide for God with our will then we are in relationship. Catholics have a strong belief in free will. I remember hearing a great sermon by a Franciscan father who said when we give our will to God satan cannot reach...
Still looks like tick bites to me, I would see your pediatrician to protect her from Lymes disease. My son had the same circles on Sunday and is now on antibiotics. We also thought they were just bug bites but then the circles developed. The exposure is 1-2 weeks before they show up in any manner on the skin. Our son had been out in fields the week before near a forest flying a kite with his dad. He is 4 and was wearing flip-flops and had bare legs so the grass was quite...
As a Catholic I don't know personally anyone who goes to Adoration for "an emotional high". My own understanding and experience is that you are going to kneel, sit, stand and sometimes if you feel called prostrate yourself in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. You go for intimacy and knowledge of God. To be available and to carve out time to be in God's presence in a unique way. There are many times when I find myself experiencing a great cloud of prayer at...
Saw the Pediatrician today and he felt we should investigate more regarding bloodwork on the kids. However first he wants to wait and see what my diagnosis is. My ultrasound is on the 23rd. He also gave me a referral to the local children's hospital at the University for the Hematology-Oncology team to follow-up on my middle daughter. She is in apparent good health right now and her disease usually does not reoccur in about 90% of cases but there can be late-onset...
Thank you for all your feedback, please keep it coming because I definitely find it helpful. Panserbjørne I think you are on to something with diet because sometimes doctors have thought the kids had allergies that were causing the shadows (but apparently not enough of a concern to warrant follow-up). As for Neurological issues, never say never but I would say highly unlikely as my DH is a Neurologist and I believe he would pick anything up with Neuro indications. We...
The rash could be related to the fever. You might want to call your pediatrician and describe the symptoms over the phone for advice.
Thanks for the suggestion but neither me or my children have any gut problems of any kind. I think the anemia is related to straightforward blood loss. Also all our children are tall for their age with a ton of energy and a healthy diet.
Our family will be praying for Cooper, please keep us posted.