or Connect

Posts by The Duchess

About 10 days ago I was diagnosed with severe Anemia. The doctor was so shocked at my blood levels she said she didn't know how I was functioning and said my body must've somehow compensated. She said if my blood levels were that low due to trauma I would not be able to get out of bed. Needless to say this explains a lot! I have been taking iron supplements since the diagnosis. The doctor also put me on the pill because she said I could not afford to lose any more blood...
If this is your first child it can be shocking to hear the "I hate you mommy!" statements for the first time. Now I have three (ages 9, 6.5 and 3.5 - first two are girls) I am more relaxed. It's a good way for her to tell you she's feeling unhappy and I believe it's important to not give children (especially girls) the idea that they're not allowed to display negative emotion. Developmentally around the age of four children start to understand that words can have power...
knittygritty I too think you're wise to examine this issue seriously. Although your fiance is non-practicing at present he still identifies as Catholic and it is frequently the case then when children are born or other life-altering event people return to their faith. I have read on some forums of people being devastated to find the compromises they thought they'd made before getting married being abandoned when a spouse becomes fervent about their own alternative beliefs...
HarperRose you know you can quietly remove people from your FB page and then make it so that your details will not come up when they look for you via FB don't you?
My understanding (I am no expert) is that the doxology - which is a phrase or song in praise to the Holy Trinity was added to the Lord's prayer in the early Mass. Another famous doxology is "Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to The Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end Amen" known to Catholics as the "Glory Be". Before the advent of printing for the first 1500 years of church history the gospels and other church...
My youngest child aged three had all these issues. He had a lot of decay and then fell twice, once off our deck and then when he was climbing on a barrier in the ice-cream parlor and fell head first. As a result one of his front teeth was pushed back into his gum. It gradually started to come back down again and our dentist said she would not try to pull it or do anything as this could damage his growing permanent teeth. Anywhoo I could tell something was wrong because he...
Hello all. I am allergic to crafting but my kids love it and my husband likes to knit with our eldest dd who is 9. I would like to buy her some Christmas gifts online that are in a "kit" form. After doing some searches I haven't found anything. Can you give me some direction to companies and suggestions? She loves to draw and make anything. She loves sewing and knitting so crafts of all kinds would be great. Same for 6 yr old dd, although she obviously needs something...
University of iTunes: more information about schools that have classes/courses you can access via iTunes http://edition.cnn.com/2009/BUSINESS...ity/index.html
Hello Ladies, G. is my third child and except for during my third pregnancy I have been nursing for 9 years. I nursed my first child for 5 years, my second for about 2.5 until I fell pregnant. I am not sure if this is the right forum as it says "child led weaning". I am just very tired and ready to stop nursing my son. I have not attempted any weaning because we moved to Germany earlier this year and recently he started German Kindergarten (pre-school) and I didn't want...
Thanks so much ladies! I could really do with the support and motivation. I am not too well right now, but should be back on form in a couple of days and then I'm determined to keep going.