or Connect

Posts by The Duchess

Quote: Originally Posted by stafl I claim that even if there is some sort of objective Truth, all I can ever know is my subjective interpretation of it. I also stand behind the notion that whenever anyone makes any claims about objective Truth, they do so through the filter of their own subjectivity, meaning anything they have to say about it is not absolutely objective, and cannot always be true for everyone everywhere every time. but maybe that's...
Posting here this week and your replies and then what happened the following day really helped. I think not being able to express my thoughts to anyone was magnifying them and making me feel so isolated but now I feel on a surer footing. This whole process really got kickstarted last year when my youngest DD was diagnosed with a rare disease at 8 months and she begin chemotherapy. She was not going into remission for the fist six months and the possibility we might lose...
I've been thinking about you alot. I was wondering where you are in your current life, have you reconciled your past in some way, or not? My heart really goes out to you. One thing I am thinking about quite alot is how I think I have "overparented" myself. It has got me through everything and by the grace of God I now have my own little community of love (my dh and dds). But because I always felt I had to look out for myself and "do the right thing" to make sure I...
Thank you so much for your responses, it means so much to me. I want to give you a happy update since I posted 24 hours ago! I am Catholic and I went to Mass this morning with my toddler after dropping my 4 yr old at preschool. While I was there I remembered a religious sister (nun) who I had met a couple of times in the parish. I was thinking maybe I could approach her to talk. Immediately after I had that thought she came thru the door. I have never seen her at Mass...
I hope it is OK to post this here. I am 36. When I was 13 my mom died of cancer. My dad died of a heart attack when I was 19. After my mom died my dad's bi-polar took over and he was deeply depressed and completely ignored his kids, unless he was verbally or emotionally abusing us. I am finally at a point in my life when I have found someone who is able to listen to all I have inside. What I am finding very hard to deal with right now is my realization that noone talked to...
I really believe that homeschooling is the best option and is something I would love to offer my children, my only concern is ME. I'm as smart, imaginative, moral and capable as the next mom but I also can have times of serious fragility. I lost both my parents as a teenager, together with a bunch of other losses and I have struggled with feelings of being totally alone and isolated emotionally, I basically raised myself from 13. I am someone who needs structure to...
Watch out this is pretty long winded! I am starting this thread as I have had an epiphany in recent years regarding personality disorders. The story is that I usually have successful friendships that last many years and are mutually supportive. In the last few years however I had a couple of friendships that became very strange, to the point where I would dread the person calling or turning up at my door. Yet I found it very hard to put my finger on exactly what the...
I am really sticking my neck out here and it is my first post. I guess I feel that the fact that you felt the desire to post about this even tho you believe you do not want to see her leads me to thnk you are more conflicted than you are letting on. If you really felt sure and comfortable in your heart that you really did not want to see her I don't think you would have brought it up for comment and discussion. You would not have felt the need to hear other points of view,...