or Connect

Posts by The Duchess

Just got back. Can't believe how tired my body feels after such a sedate swim in the pool doing the old-lady breaststroke (also plenty of lounging in the heated pool in the sun). My mind feels wonderful. Calm and tranquil. I think I will try a walk tomorrow - anybody?
I am at least 40 pounds overweight. I have had the weight since my third child. Each time after my first two pregnancies after about two years I made the effort and lost my baby weight. Last time I got down to a size 4 and about 130 pounds from a large size 8. I am now at least a size 10/12 and I'm not sure of my weight but I guesstimate it at around 175. I am totally unfit. I shrank down last time and felt fantastic mainly due to weight-training which was a great...
What exactly happened?
So much for "literacy night"
As a Catholic whose children went to two Catholic elementaries while living in the states I just wanted to explain about the tuition rates. Catholic elementaries are usually situated within a parish and the parish community (that is all the people that attend church at that parish) contribute funds that go directly to support the school. This is usually topped up by diocesian funds. In most communities what the school charges for tuition is not the full cost of what it...
If you have access to itunes you can take FREE courses at Yale, all the lectures are online and you can do the work or just learn for mental simulation. Personally I am planning on (hopefully) starting a long distance part-time MSc next year from a University in the UK.
Hopefulfaith, hate to say it but I think all this behavior falls into the normal sibling rivalry category. Especially as they are only a year apart. I have three kids and my two girls are 2.5 yrs apart. They do play together alot but also bicker CONSTANTLY especially after school when they are tired. Giving them individual attention always helps. As they are competitive and the older one would say her drawings were "better" than her younger sister I explained how...
MommaMoo hugs to you!! Mothering can be so challenging for all of us and you certainly are being challenged more than most! I do not have a child with these issues but I have four close friends who all have a child with autism or asperger's. Two were diagnosed early and had intensive therapy which really helped. Also they were able to connect with other parents dealing with similar issues and one organization also had automatic counseling for the parents because of the...
Mammal Mama, going back to your original question about how do you become seekers you might be interested in the following. First I was going to suggest that you get your hands on a copy of the United States Catholic Catechism for Adults http://www.amazon.com/United-States-.../dp/1574554506 This is a very user friendly catechism which is divided into short but very meaningful chapters that begin with a story of a saint or well-known Catholic, the majority from the USA....
Whoooops posted in wrong thread.