or Connect

Posts by The Duchess

This is health related but for some reason I cannot start threads in the health forum. I have just noticed in the last couple of weeks that my son who is 2 next week says "th" instead of "s". For example he says "buth" for bus, "kith" for kiss etc. He can say "sh" but not "ss". If I ask him to say "sss" he sticks his tongue out to say "th". He is my third so I am a seasoned mom. Not wishing to overreact I also wonder if this kind of speech impediment responds well to...
As a Catholic I would not involve a magic bunny in my Easter celebrations but that's because the Easter bunny is liked to the Norse Goddess Istra. As mentioned on an Orthodox site: "Easter or Pascha The word "Easter" comes from Old English and refers to the Norse Goddess of Fertility, "Istra" - who was symbolized by a rabbit. The word Pascha ("Fesakh" in Arabic) refers to the Passover - the greatest feast of the Old Testament. That feast referred to the time...
We are a Catholic family with three little ones, the oldest is 7. I would like some ideas of how to mark and celebrate the 49 days of Eastertide until Pentecost (means 50) when we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirirt. I am planning on reading them the Acts of the Apostles as that is the reading of the church at this time plus John's Gospel. Do you have any family customs or traditions for celebrating each day of the Easter Season? I would love to hear them !
Thank you so much for your thoughts. She loves drama and has done two productions already (while homeschooling) and is about to start rehearsals for the Wizard of Oz at her new school. So as they don't offer drama year round I was hoping to have her do classes at a local drama studio very clsoe to our home which I know she would love. I agree it is not a race! I know I am most likely overreacting....She is very happy at school which is great. When I was too busy to do...
My eldest dd just entered Catholic school in first grade about a month ago. We just got a report card saying that she fit in fantastically well socially and academically. She loves school. She received all "O"s for outstanding and S+'s which is above standard. So she is obviously not behind and is doing great. Here is why I started this thread - I believe she is at least a year behind her ability level. She was very bright from a young child and would have been perfect...
Opps
I would say it would be virtually impossible for one person (without an army or WMD) to force their beliefs on an island that was not a "nation" but a grouping of clans with many leaders. It seems clear that Christianity was chosen and embraced. Celtic Christianity also had its own flavor and reflected the Celtic worldview. It wasn't all rosy pre-Christian, Patrick's first visit was as an enslaved person. Although the Celts had no monopoly on human sacrifice, they is...
I changed to lavender but the background is still gray.
I find the background color hard to look a for a long time when reading posts. Would you prefer a more cheerful color like a cream?
Thank you McCelticMom. We do have devotion to the Divine Mercy. I also was looking for how families celebrate the entire Easter season.