or Connect

Posts by The Duchess

Hi Katiedidbug, I'm sure you are very busy with your little guy but if your DH can watch him I would suggest joining some kind of group at your parish. Maybe service work with St. Vincent de Paul? If you saw the practical love in action that your fellow parishioners are doing it could ignite the flame again. Being around other people with similar struggles (i.e. human beings!) can help you put things in perspective and remind you why you fell in love with God and the...
I also don't think service to others is "liberal" I think its love. I am not familiar with other denominations as I am Catholic, but Catholic parishes are very big on practical help and service because we follow the one who "came not to be served but to serve". Our brothers and sisters need our love and the Christian response is to be there. "Preach the gospel at all times -- If necessary, use words." -- Saint Francis of Assisi
Hello Mamas, Kinda off topic from the dicussions here but can you tell me how you celebrate the Easter season with your family after Easter Sunday? Easter lasts until Pentecost Sunday on May 11th and I would like to recognize each Easter weekday. Do you have ideas you can give me? My children are 7, almost 5 and 23 months. I know that many people celebrate Pentecost by wearing red. Thank you and God bless you this Good Friday
Turtlewomyn, you certainly have a challenging one there. My MIL is nowhere near your MIL's behavior but she also does have very little concept of personal boundaries, especially other peoples. I do have a pretty good relationship with her but I have strong personal boundaries and I have always made it clear where the line is. You are never going to please your MIL, so look after your own mental and emotional health, do not let her abuse you. If she gets mad so be it,...
I have been homeschooling my eldest dd for the last year and a half. She is 7 and I have a 4.5. yr old and a 18 month old. Almost certainly my dd will begin full time away school in January. I am still pro-homeschooling and so is DH. Maybe we will return to HS, we are just taking it a year at a time. Most homeschool could be called "Mom school". What I am referring to is not what you use for curriculum or if you unschool or which groups you join etc. I am referring...
OP to you. You are not a bad mom in any way, you are an incredible mom who is still hanging in there virtually alone with no sleep. One resource I would look into is your local hospitals and/or birthing centers. Our local hospital has groups for new moms and one is called "Noone told me it would be like this". That's the group for the moms who are thinking "Why does the human race go on if babies are like this"? Just call all the midwives, everyone everywhere and ask...
Thank you for all your thoughtful replies. I only found out about the incident at our neighbors last night when it was too late to call her. I spoke to dd this morning. I asked her if she knew what stealing was and then explained. I told her what she did was stealing. (She knew what she did was wrong but I was covering all my bases). I explained that today I wanted her to make a Christmas card or picture of her choice for the two children whose candy she stole. I explained...
I left the Advent candles burning for awhile after dinner. Suddenly we heard a crackling noise and the wreath was on fire. The candle from the 1st week had burnt down lowest for obvious reasons and caught the evergreen on fire. Now dh is totally paranoid about having candles. So I can be prepared NEXT Advent does anyone know of a source for an alternative that would be safer (we have three children 7 and under). Dh was hoping for lamps that would switch on - not as...
Top 5 Reasons DD 4.5 can't get dressed 1) I can't wear tights only socks! 2) I can't wear long sleeves mommy! 3) Teddy isn't dressed yet! (Proceeds to dress 5+ soft toys in her own clothes, taking at least 20 minutes while rest of family wait at the front door. If encouraged to hurry up, flow interrupted and takes at least another 10 minutes) 4) I don't like that, it's got collars. 5) I don't like pants only dresses!
Ok I need help and advice with this one. My middle child dd 4.5 has a weakness for everything sweet, way more than anyone else in our family. We don't generally have much if any junk food. No soda, no cookies, ice-cream or candy on a regular basis, just occasional. It is not banned but we don't have it lying around the house. We do have well meaning and loving family and friends who love to bring goodies over for the family. We have just found out that our dd has a...