or Connect

Posts by The Duchess

RedOakMomma I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful James. All I can say is that love is eternal. We do not have to say goodbye to the one we have lost. Sometimes there is this constant encouragement to say goodbye as if grieving has gone awry if we don't want to say goodbye and need their presence. It is because of love. You cannot say goodbye to love, nor should you.
I also just stumbled on a Reggio preschool for my middle daughter who is 4. When we walked thru the door we both feel in love! It was idyllic. Orginally I thought she could go one day a week (we are homeschooling her elder sister and we have a baby boy), but we signed up for the full three day program WED-FRI because it was so fabulous. I thought my eldest went to a good preschool but this is WAY better!
This is not meant as an inflammatary post but I am curious about math/science and Waldorf. Before I started having babies I worked for a non-profit organization arranging student exchanges for high schoolers to Germany. In general the German students were ahead academically of the American students in all areas and studied at a depth that the American students did not (this is 16/17 yr olds). The only exception I remember was an American girl who did an exchange at a...
I think it's just a fact of life that the good preschools are very popular. I called around MANY preschools and luckily found a wonderful preschool for my 4 yr old that is even better than the great preschool my eldest child went to. I was only planning to have her go one day a week but when we went for a visit last week we both feel in love, so now she will be going for three days. I would search high and low, ask everyone you know because many very good preschools...
Klockdj are you a dentist? Or a well informed mom?
Our family dentist recommends sealants for the molars of my 7 yr old and 4.5 year old. My 7 yr old has 8 permanant teeth. My 4 yr old had her some of her molars removed and lots of caps placed on her teeth due to complications of chemotherapy. Because some of her baby molars are missing one permanent molar has already dropped down and more may follow. It is very hard to keep those back molars cavity free because of the depressions and groves which are hard to clean, I...
Just want to thank you so much for all your recipes and ideas. I will try some out and get back to you. My children always love lentils and beans and rice and veggies, in fact they are great eaters but I don't feel I offer enough interest and variety. Thanks again. I would be happy for more!!!!
When it comes to cooking I am so clueless (grew up in an all male home where noone cooked!). I have three cuties 7,4 and 15 months. PLEASE PLEASE give me some good, simple ways of feeding them! I have to plan everything or we don't eat very healthfully because if you point me at a grocery store I don't know where to start. Baby crying...! Back soon.. Ok - back again. We are veggie but eating way too much cheese and other dairy. Please offer me your quick and easy...
Susiek, every mom is different, some need lots of help with 1 and then I have a friend with 6 who has never had any help (and she's still sane!). I think the most important thing is do what works for you and your family. The whole point of homeschooling surely is to shake off the comparing. Personally, I also have help with a sitter who comes a few hours a week and I still don't get any school done ! (Not kidding). I would just like to be reassured that it will work...
I also have a 6 yr old (7 this week) 4 yr old and 15 month old. I second everything MyLittleWonders says about the baby eating the pens, pencils, climbing on the table and throwing everything on the floor. Nothing distracts him, he wants to be right in the middle of the action! (We also do any "school" work during naps, when Dad is home or I have a sitter). How to I sub to a thread?