or Connect

Posts by Morgan's mama

I'm in my 40's and I still enjoy listening to Jane's Addiction.
Lakeshorelearning.com has these letter builders in both capital and lower case.
Thanks for the great ideas PreggieUBA2C, we have also built a lot of our own furniture. We have a small space in the kitchen that I could fit a tall, narrow shelf into. The taller 2x4 cube shelf from Ikea that CariOfOz mentioned would fit nicely, so we may go that route. Dh likes to make everything himself, so we just may copy the ikea shelf design. Maybe make it a little taller.
Thank you for all of your input! It's really helpful. The cabinet I've been cramming all of our supplies into is really small; about 2'h x 1 1/2'w. I've used this particular cabinet because it's right by the kitchen table where we do our work. Like I stated, -everything is crammed in there. I think I'm leaning toward a storage system on wheels, but it can't be too large. I love the stuff from Community Playthings, but they're pricey. Dh thinks he can make...
I need help organizing my curriculum and other supplies in a single cabinet in the kitchen. I'd like to try and keep everything in the kitchen b/c we do our work at the kitchen table. So this is just for convenience. We don't have a room devoted to schooling and are tight on storage. Does anyone have a good method for keeping things in order in a small house? Does anyone have any pictures of they would be willing to share? Thanks!
I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect kid dictionary for my 9yr old niece last year. I ended up buying a kid's Scholastic dictionary, but honestly, I should have just bought her a nice, standard dictionary. Many of the words she wanted to look up were not even in the kid's dictionary. For an older child I would get a standard dictionary. I think children's dictionaries are good to use with a younger child. I think they're a good tool to introduce the concept...
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree I think I know the signs you mean. What matters is whether you really like them, and have a place for any of them. In my living room, I have zinc letters that spell out N E S T, one each on a different rung of an old wooden ladder. I've placed a small bird beside the N and a little nest beside the S. On another rung, I've placed a "Home Sweet Home" sampler, handstitched and framed by my sister. To someone else,...
So I decided to give the signs(6 in all) to a neighbor. She really likes these, and I think it fits her style more than mine. The message I'm hearing from you guys is "only keep what you love." Anyway, on a different note, one of the wooden signs said "Laundry," one said "Kitchen," and one said "Bathroom." -Why would I need a sign to remind myself I was in the laundry room, kitchen or god forbid the bathroom? Maybe if I blacked out and found myself sitting on the...
I'm just curious. My MIL gave me some of these that she found at a garage sale during the summer, and I can't decide if I like them or not. I think they're sort of cute, but perhaps a little cheesy? Sorry if you like these, I don't mean to offend. My problem is that I can't decide if I should keep them or get rid of them. I kind of like them, but not enough that I would have bought them myself. Do you like these signs? Do you have these in your home?
We have 2 toddlers running around our house, so that automatically eliminates some of the xmas decor and clutter. We decided not to have a tree this year, I'm afraid someone will knock it over. Next year we will have a tree, I have been collecting special ornaments over the years. I normally don't collect anything, but I do have ornaments that I love. We have ornaments that are store-bought, and some are handmade by me and my dd. We also have some nutcrackers that go...