or Connect

Posts by emomama

add me please! i'm due november 13th. i agree with making this a sticky! it'd be fun to see who arrives when.
awww... this happens to me too, although sometimes if i'm really not getting it, one brother will step in and clarify when the other brother isn't able to get his point across. it's pretty cute, actually. i think it does help their communication skills to be misunderstood sometimes because it forces them to learn to try and explain something in a different way, something we all have to do even as adults. and as upset as he was about it, what a great opportunity to...
i'm not a big meat-eater and i want meat and more meat all the time. it's getting a bit out of hand. and mashed potatoes with random things mixed in... like hamburger meat. or pasta. or taco fixings. i also ate an entire can of refried beans about a week ago. not my finest moment. whenever i ask my dh to run and get me some food, the poor man gets this terrified look on his face... :LOL i've also been craving berries, pasta salads, ketchup, potato chips, applesauce,...
Quote: OK, I have to share. I was reading your post to Ds and I wasn't sure he got what I was talking about so I explained, "OK, you know how Daddy and I spell letters when we have a word we don't want you to know?" "Uhhh ..." "Like sometimes we spell I C E C R E A M"? "Yeah!" Then I was curious because once before I'd spelled that and he knew from context what word it was, so I asked: "Do you know what that means?" "Yeah....
congrats on being a newlywed and also on your new little one! i worked before having my kiddos and actually considered going back after my maternity leave was up. that lasted for all of ten minutes after they were actually born. :LOL i just knew i needed to be home with my babies so that's what we did. i told my boss i was quitting because i found a much better job with better benefits. i was the main breadwinner in the family before and since quitting we have been...
studies like that are always skewed. the kids may have been "fine" but by what definition? i'd be willing to bet they aren't the same standards i have for my own kids. there is a significant and often over-looked difference between poor and destitute. growing up without all of life's luxuries won't harm your children... in fact, it will help them to grow up to be appreciative of little things, frugal with their money, less wasteful of consumable materials, etc......
hmmm... do i have enough yarn for two pairs? i think i do... lol, i don't know if i'm having a girl either but i don't care. little boy beans can wear fuzzy booties too, right?? i just found this pattern: christmas tree hat & booties it is SO over the top cute, i might just have to make them...
i agree - mamafern, your felted stuff is way adorable. yay! so glad to see all you mamas makin' stuff for your new babes... i love making tiny things and storing them away in anticipation. lately i've gotten into embroidery, and i've been embroidering every onesie, baby tee and blankie i can get my hands on. it's so quick, cheap and simple and makes all my hand-me-downs feel new again. it's taken away from my knitting time though and i'm only a few inches into the...
wow... mine are a month older than max and i'd be going crazy if i were in your position! i'll definitely say a prayer for him and you. hopefully his recovery will be smooth and he'll be back in your arms before you know it.
it's okay. i am just terribly, terribly gullible. believe me, all my friends irl take advantage of this fact as well. :LOL