or Connect

Posts by faeriewisp

Yes the legalities are definitely an issue. I like the idea of having someone available who is trained in mama and baby emergency care. It would be wonderful if there were such a person willing to make house calls -- a nurse or perhaps a midwife or maybe even a doctor. So if I decide afterwards I really need to be stitched up, I wouldn't have to go to the hospital. Or if something seems a bit off about the baby, I could get a second opinion before going to the...
I'm not sure that blood is completely darined during slaughter??? Because isn't that the difference labeled by "kosher" -- that it really IS completely drained??
I use it when I'm washing stuff like towels! I usually do one load every two weeks of woolens, silks and delicate cottons that I wash with a lanolin woolwash containing Eucalyptus and Lavender. Everything else, I dump in some baking soda and vinegar and about 15 drops each of Ravensara and Bitter Orange essential oils. Both of these EO's are inexpensive, and the Ravensara freshens my whole house with a licorice-like scent and the resulting clean clothes smell...
Ok here's a link for an Estonian baby naming site. BOys are the blue, girls the pink, and then the list of Months shows names that Estonians actually might name babies born on a certain day! http://www.solnet.ee/ee/names/index.html
I am Estonian and all my children will have Estonian middle names. They are BEAUTIFUL. Sailor Aili (eye-lee) Mirabai Ingel (means angel) Boy Estonian names are awesome as well. If this next babe is a boy his middle name will either be Indrek or Endel. As for girls' first names that I like, you'll just havee to wait until I have more girls to see them. I just CAN"T bring myself to share. I'm soooo paranoid, sorry! And happy to note that none of them were...
I do the unisom. The dose is only 1/2 of one, along with a vitamin b6 pill. I have had severe nausea and food aversions for all of my pregnancies, lasting the entire 9 months. Natural therapies never worked for me, but I had to do something about it this time around with a little poopy-butt baby to chase around. I only take the unisom at night, otherwise I'm way too out of it during the day. It really takes the edge off -- helps me get up in the morning and eat...
Someday, If I ever have a girl in the spring, I LOVE the name Tulip. Other than that, I have no clue on names and my babies always go unamed for a time after birth.
Green tea can help suppress appetite! So can mineral supplements, such as chromium or magnesium and potassium.
Haven't had my UC YET, but took me 4 days to name dd1 and 2 weeks to name dd2. So it seems like perhaps this one will take a month ? I've never understood how someone could come up with a name they like and just name their baby this. I definitely have to see the babe first to decide. However, I had a dream the other night where a boy's name became very apparent... so we'll see if it's meant to be.
I think it's very overblown. I think it's kinda silly to read a book to an infant. What's important about reading to your kids is the story telling part of it, and I think it can be much more effective to get a kid interested in stories if you TELL him a story. Then he can create his OWN images of the story, not having to just believe what someone else illustrated. Telling your child a story is so much more intimate than reading, too. Reading books is important,...