or Connect

Posts by faeriewisp

I would like to make the point that a negative hospital birth can be an important stepping stone for a woman who would otherwise never even consider a homebirth. We have to keep in mind that we are all on different levels. There are so many women who just are't radical, who aren't free-thinkers, who don't take resposibility for their lives. It's a personality type to be a "slave" to authority. It's hard to judge that one temperment is better than another. So yes...
I noticed this during my first two pregnancies, but didn't really pay attention -- figured there must something else going on. But this time around, I know it for a fact. I have experimented. Normally drinking to thirst while pregnant, I drink no more than 2 cups sipping throughout the morning, no more than 2 cups in the afternoon, and then before bed I get pretty thirsty and drink 2 cups at once. I'm only thirsty when I first wake up and about an hour after...
Add a tablespoon or two to your glass of water. It's a bit bubbly and refreshing and you get such great health benefits from it. I like adding it to herbal iced teas as well -- so delicious on a hot day. It's very good for upset stomachs or hlping with digestion. Mix it in with ANYTHING that's not hot (the heat kills all the little live good things)! So mix it with dips, whatever you are eating, etc.
I REALLY want a naming forum! I have to keep track of what everyone is naming their kids so I can make sure I don't use any of those names! LOL
ANybody ?
Yay congratulations! SAHM'ing just wouldn't work for me if we couldn't go outside all the time. A magical thing happens when you go out in the backyard or to the woods or on a "hike" with a young one -- they explore and enjoy themselves without feeling like they need to be constantly entertained by you! Outside is where I read and daydream for hours while my daughter plays happily nearby. BUt you have to go out with the intention of not entertaining them...
I'm interested in hearing from others on this as well! My babies will be 14 months apart.
I am 14 or 15 weeks and I have lost 8 pounds. Pretty typical for me.
I know I'm making a huge leap with the 3 mile round trip to the pool! BUt the problem is, I've Never been able to commit myself to smaller amounts, or even 15 minutes on the treadmill. I'm going to be walking slowly, so it's more of a destination walk (to the pool). I think if I have a place to go to every day I might be able to get on this, rather than trying for aimless excercise walks. It'd sure be fine with me if the pool was closer! Mrs. Hos, thanks for...
Hello! THat's us! No TV, no movies at this age (oldest is almost 6), no commercial toys. I think it goes without saying that at this time of year, most days are spent outside! I'm working with incorporating the Waldorf defined developmental stages with unschooling. I feel it's incredibly important for my kids to learn at their own pace, to make their own uninterrupted observations of the world while at the same time having the consistency of a rythmical life -- things...