or Connect

Posts by calicokatt

Hi all, its been a while since I've been here, my youngest is now six. My sister in law is now expecting, and I'd like to help her out with some diapers. I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive, and easy to use for a first time mom. What are your favorites? Kathy
Short run this morning, 2 miles. Remind me not to take two days off in a row again, I think it seriously does something to my mental perception of my endurance. (Does that make sense?) Cause that run was work! Anyway, ankle feels a bit stiff but not painful. going to go take a shower and stretch it out and see what the rest of the day brings!
Just an update. Skipped 2 runs, ankle seems better, swelling's mostly gone, doesn't hurt anymore, etc. Running in the morning, so we'll see how it goes!
Ran this morning, without the brace, same pace as last time. Ankle feels sore, but not killing me and it didn't collapse on my run (which is what I thought it'd do! ) Of course, I took two aleve before I left, so that might have something to do with it. I'll check the swelling in the shower and watch it today and update this evening. I read that shoe-lacing thing too and laced my shoes looser as I'd noticed the tops of my feet were a bit numb and tingly. Wonder if...
Quote: Originally Posted by CherylAnn CalicoKatt, ouch! Did you sprain it? I don't know what I did to it, it came on slowly, and the other one hurts in the same area, but not nearly as bad and is getting better, and isn't swollen. It doesn't hurt to walk on it, but it does hurt a bit when I run. If I brace it, it doesn't hurt for the first mile or so, but does get achy for the 2 miles or so after that. But then when I'm done for the morning,...
I don't think I CAN run without the brace yet, but will try soon. I looked at the ankle this evening and its a bit swollen, though nothing terrible. I'm not wearing the brace while I horseback ride, or the rest of the day, and I'm on my feet all day, so I'm not totally babying it. I'm just stymied. The other one hurts too, though not so bad, so I haven't done anything for it and its getting better gradually. I wonder if an anti-inflammatory would help? I'm open to...
I don't like none either, I get lip chafe. Anyway, I like my Jockey string bikini's. They're just cotton with covered elastic, but (at least on me) they don't ride up, they absorb sweat (and other liquids) and are comfy.
Ran the usual 2.9 this morning, 30 mile an hour head wind for about a mile (god I felt like I was running in place and it would never end.) The rest of the run it was trying to knock me sideways, but I still shaved 30 seconds a mile off my time. That puts me at 9 minutes, 23 seconds per mile. To me that still seems depressingly slow, but I am doing it and I try to keep reminding myself that after four kids, to be doing it at all is something most people will never even...
Set out to run 2.9 miles this morning... but got near the end and wasn't tired, so I ADDED ANOTHER LOOP AND RAN 3.7!!! I am so proud of myself! I know it's not 10 miles or anything, but DAMN, two months ago I'd have laughed at you if you'd told me I could run 3.7 without stopping and this morning I think I could have run it twice and lived to tell about it! Yay me!
I took Tuesday off, because my left ankle is hurting (my right one is too, but not so bad). Ran yesterday, and was gimpy all day. Picked up a brace for my ankle and ran this morning, at least it didn't hurt for the first mile. I have really flexible ankles and am hoping that they will strengthen up quickly and support themselves, 'cause this is not so fun. The right one seems much improved today, so we'll see. Off to ride my horse and go to work.