or Connect

Posts by sraplayas

Dancing in the Sun~Did you ever make the move to Tijuana? How is everything going?
me, too. i'm 8 wks pp and at 6 wks had what seemed like a period then it happened about 10 days later, then today i'm bleeding again. i went over 2 yrs w/ my other two and had to make some diety changes, etc. this is just weird! thinking if getting my thyroid checked soon....
hi mamas! just wanted to check in and say "hi".   Little DS2 is here with us and we had the baptism and a small reception in our home.   Boy it was alot of prep and work for this sleep-deprived mama! :)
We have a desktop computer and no TV. We have a desk that holds the monitor, printer, etc. and it is set up in our family room.   This is the issue: it has become a distraction, at times, for me and is a battle-zone now for me and the kids.   I have a desire to live simply in terms of technology and don't want my kids to have too much "screen time", so we've designated certain days for watching sesame on the computer, games. etc. Those days they are given a block...
beautiful! many congratulations to you!!
Thanks M2Mom & Jocelyndale. :)   I bought a gauze that seems a bit heavier, but not much, than my broomstick skirt. It is very cool but I haven't used it yet b/c I am looking for a new carry. :) Using my conversion mei-tai which is cool in the design but the woven fabric is a bit warm. Very practical, though.   Any faves for carries right now w/ a 12+lb baby? Looking for a good one w/my lightweight gauze wrap....
just to add my 2c--IME, I've lost almost all the weight in about 10 months, with usually 5 lbs to spare. Then after about 14 months I am back to pre-preggers weight. I really think it has to do with EBF, for me. with both kiddos I've EBF until 13 months, and then to 3+years BTW, I've heard other moms comment about those 5lbs that seem to just hang on for a while. No fun, but I think it's natural and besides, baby can enjoy a softer mama that way. :)
Just have to share:   Last week I was with DH2 (7 weeks) at an outdoor market and he woke from his nap, and starting getting restless in the mei-tai. An older woman next to me commented that he looked hungry and I should give him something to eat (i.e. a bottle). I told her that he's breastfed, and she made this dramatic gesture of fascinated surprise. Then she pointed to a step and encouraged me to feed him.   I was a little bemused, but after a moment sat down...
Just have to share: Last week I was with DH2 at an outdoor market and he woke from his nap, and starting getting restless in the mei-tai. An older woman next to me commented that he looked hungry and I should give him something to eat (i.e. a bottle). I told her that he's breastfed, and she made this dramatic gesture of fascinated surprise. Then she pointed to a step and encouraged me to feed him. I was a little bemused, but after a moment sat down and started to...
fricot--just wanted to also respond to your Q about pads. i tend to leak alot and i really like these and they are so lightweight! i really like working with this wahm, she has custom-made a few things for me and her cloth pads are great, too. :)