or Connect

Posts by sraplayas

Just have to share:   Last week I was with DH2 (7 weeks) at an outdoor market and he woke from his nap, and starting getting restless in the mei-tai. An older woman next to me commented that he looked hungry and I should give him something to eat (i.e. a bottle). I told her that he's breastfed, and she made this dramatic gesture of fascinated surprise. Then she pointed to a step and encouraged me to feed him.   I was a little bemused, but after a moment sat down...
Just have to share: Last week I was with DH2 at an outdoor market and he woke from his nap, and starting getting restless in the mei-tai. An older woman next to me commented that he looked hungry and I should give him something to eat (i.e. a bottle). I told her that he's breastfed, and she made this dramatic gesture of fascinated surprise. Then she pointed to a step and encouraged me to feed him. I was a little bemused, but after a moment sat down and started to...
fricot--just wanted to also respond to your Q about pads. i tend to leak alot and i really like these and they are so lightweight! i really like working with this wahm, she has custom-made a few things for me and her cloth pads are great, too. :)
ok, the bleeding has stopped today, i think. when i read your post, jocelydale, i remember getting a pinch or two and thinking it felt an awful lot like ov. pain but dismissed it as impossible. ds2 sleeps long stretches at night--unlike my other two. hmm...
DS2 is 6wks and approaching 10lbs. The stretchy wrap is beginning to sag, so I've been using the conversion mei tai and woven wrap. However, I am so hot! I really like to use the wrap when I'm somewhere where I want to be really discreet about nursing, but then of course me and DS2 break out w/heat rash. I am wondering could I pick up some cotton gauze and DIY a carrier for the rest of the hot season? I just can't do ring slings, ergo, etc. b/c of back and neck problems....
yesterday, after a few weeks of no bleeding, i discovered bright red blood. it happened to be the day of my 6-wk pp apt, and the mw checked me and said that my cervix was closed. i thought that if it was due to lifting something too heavy (which i did--oops!--for the 1st time yesterday) that the bleeding would stop within a few hours. but no, i'm still bleeding. ok, even w/3 children i just don't get it! if my uterus is healed then why am i bleeding if it isn't a period?
We are at six weeks now and yesterday had a very long, somewhat stressfull day out of the house (in and out of the car, etc.). DS was inconsolable by the end of the afternoon. Then he slept during his normal "awake" period---7:30-10:30 and woke up all throughout the night! (meanwhile, of course, i haven't napped in days and am feeling like a zombie!) I think this might have been the day, but am also wondering if we are entering another stage of growth spurts.
79 months total and counting!   I realize that it has been and is now, a deep privilege to be able to breastfeed my children. I am grateful to God for this and also to the mothering community for the great support in breastfeeding.
I second the idea of quiet times. Havine two at home during the summer w/ a newborn has been great but challenging in terms of needed sleep for mama. I have DD and DS1 play quietly for 1 hour in their own "rooms" (define that how you like) and they know not to come into my quiet space. It has worked much of the time and I've learned that we have a window for when it will work for DS1 (he's 3.5), who really still needs naps. DS2 still sleeps the majority of the day (at 5...
all my kids have dealt with some for of diaper rash or other. we've tried making sure our detergent for dipes was really clean and doing a 2nd rinse--always. frequent changes, airing out as much as possible and if that fails, look into possible food sensitivies.   we've used burt's bees diaper cream that is zinc-based and put a disposable liner in the dipes which seems to help with absorbancy issues...   for DS1, we had food sensitivities that needed to be dealt...