or Connect

Posts by flapjack

Yup. The snap with River- and with Rowan- was very weird. Even stranger with Skye, because I felt the pop twice. WTF? I'm kind of assuming that as we have no updates at ALL that contractions started of their own accord. I hope. :
Sam will sleep in the buggy if it's moving, or in the wrap. If he's down, any noise or disturbance will get him up, which means that on days when all the kids are around, we have a very cranky small boy. I don't nurse in carriers, btw. I nurse and then tie him on after he wakes up after 15 minutes
To quote Grease, "Don't sweat it, honey, have one of mine." We're done. We were done before I got pregnant with Samson, stayed pregnant anyhow, and now we're done and DH is going for the snip next month. And you know what? I want another baby too, and another pregnancy. I know that's the combination of the postpartum hormones and the sadness at the end of this part of my life (and I've spent nearly 12 years of my life now knocked up or breastfeeding or both, with only a...
Congratulations Lauren! I'm pretty sure Dea's post means ROM... I'm crossing my fingers for her that she gets her VBAC.
You can also search it, see who has it in their stash- particularly those marked FSOT- and send them an impertinent PM.
My ds4 (now 5 weeks old) had a mild dystocia despite me being on all fours- or in my case, possibly because of it. We resolved it by me standing up (onto left foot, then right foot) kneeling down again (left knee down first) and then DH pushed the uppermost shoulder back (the one nearest my spine) and hooked the bottom shoulder over my pubic bone. It isn't featuring on my to-do list ever, EVER, ever again. I still have an exceptionally sore coccyx, difficulty sitting on...
FWIW, my first thoughts when I saw what you'd written about the money was "awww, bless." That's not a sophisticated young man's FB page, that's someone who is trying to look cool and erm, maybe not quite pulling it off? The same with the party- 9 people isn't something I'd immediately think to brag about, and I don't know that I'd even be considering it a party. Really. I think he's play-acting at being Mr Super-cool, super-popular, super-rich in the same way that he was...
IMO, I'd get concerned. I'd push fluids and offer him the foods you know are likely to make him "go" and if that doesn't work within the next day or two then I'd consider movicol. The reason I'm saying this is that DD was dry from an early age- 18 months or so- so we put her in pants. She refused to poo in the potty and would hold her poos for 10 days or more. We put her back in pullups for everything, she pooed in them daily quite happily. Pants- 10 days. Pull-ups-...
SL, I hope this is it for you : Sam's getting lonely out here. Lauren, you know the only reason I said the 31st is because that's River's birthday, right? Rynna, you could do some kind of frozen granita type thing for Bear, couldn't you? Megan, my mum shocked me on Sunday by telling me that she'd looked at someone (that I knew she had a soft spot for by the way she talked about him) and thought "I could kind of fancy you." There are some things that you just...
AM.