or Connect

Posts by Fuamami

I don't think so, but I do the same thing! Well, I have left my current 2 year old more than the 1st, but part of that is because I leave him with the 6 year old and the 4 year old, so I know they will report anything/help look out for him.
I agree with AlexSam. Definitely clean up. And while it's wise to be on your guard, I think most CPS workers are really in it because they care about people. I used to work as a CASA, and there were some great social workers. They might be able to offer you some much-needed help!
I do daycare for kids who have CIOed and have also seen the results of it with many of my friends' kids. I do not believe that it teaches kids to self-soothe. I believe it teaches them to give up, and that bedtime is a time to feel stressed out. My evidence is that all 3 of my kids will lay in their beds and quietly talk to themselves, read, hum, or fiddle if they can't fall asleep. If they want me, they call me and ask for a drink, an answer to whatever they were...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aufilia She doesn't watch TV except for Mister Rogers. Maybe it's all that sweater and shoe changing.
Yep, huge variation. My dd and ds2 both had about 50 words at that age. Ds1 said nothing, but signed "more". He didn't really have any words until 18 months, actually. He talks in full sentences now, at age 4, but is still not quite as verbal as the other two. He often searches for words, and gets frustrated because he can't express what he is trying to say. However, I'm not worried because he has always worked so intensely on physical stuff. I figure it'll all even out.
Wow! These are great! Thanks so much! Quote: Originally Posted by mistymama Help us out - what kind of foods does she like? Ds's favorite staple is peanut butter and honey on wheat bread. We also do mini wheat bagels with cream cheese, turkey and ham sandwiches - He really likes nori rolls - I make them with brown sushi rice, usually with a bit of cucumber and avacado inside. I put them in cold in the am, and they are nice and room temp by...
I know it's summer, but my dd will be starting 1st grade in 2 weeks, and I'm trying to come with some stuff to put in her lunch box. She's super picky, so it's kind of a challenge. Any yummy ideas?
Quote: Originally Posted by readytobedone just wanted to point out that isn't "pretty bright" but actually gifted off the top of my head, i think 135 is between 98th and 99th percentile or something like that. Hmm. That's interesting. I certainly don't feel like I'm in that percentile. And I don't know about dd. She's definitely bright, but... I don't know. I have a nephew who was reading at age 3, and a niece who just turned 2 and knows...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerle Ugh, how upsetting! And what an odd coincidence, too. Sounds like you might want to tread carefully and maybe interrogate your husband a little more in order to make sure you won't have a female version of a Snape/Harry situation. Seriously, I don't have any advice to offer but wanted to extend my sympathy - I don't like meeting any woman my husband has a "history" with (not that there's droves of them around), let...
Yes, I agree with the pps. For some kids, this is just innate. And not necessarily just girls. My ds1, who is about the most typical boy you could ever imagine, is also very particular about his appearance. Of course, he doesn't care about being pretty, but wants to look cool like his daddy and some other men that he sees as role models. My niece, who watched very little TV, was also like this at age 3. And her mother doesn't spend a ton of time on her appearance,...