or Connect

Posts by Fuamami

Quote: Originally Posted by SandraS Because being a parent is so haarrrrdddd and Grey's Anatomy is coming on and I need "me" time and a book said my baby should be asleep by 8:00 and I don't want to rock her for 10 minutes because I want a beer it's so harrrrrd and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh That's why people CIO. They don't want to parent 24 hours a day, they only want to parent from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., after that baby should be gone and out of sight....
Yes! I've washed quite a few pairs! Just rub them and knead them until they get soft again - it always worked for ours. They do wear out a lot faster if you wash them, though. But they also are really stinky when they get peed on, which was always why I had to wash them.
A 1 month old is definitely nearsighted, all of them. And I seem to remember reading in "What's Going In There?" that they don't focus directly? Because their peripheral vision is better at that age? I can't quite remember, it's been awhile since I read it, but maybe if someone has it they can look it up for you.
I wonder if your brother has kids? If not, I would imagine he just hasn't ever really thought about it that much? If so, maybe he wants to rationalize and normalize the methods he used in his family?
Quote: Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior Our society has lost it's way, and it's soul. Many of us are struggling. Some of the by products have been numbing ourselves with food, things, etc. We don't need to lable people dumb, mean and greedy because they are caught in the trap of mainstream society. I just have to vehemently disagree with this. Sure, we're not perfect, but we're making such huge strides! We have a black president!...
Quote: Originally Posted by KirstenMary I would be pissed, too, but I don't get why, in light of what happened, you did almost the same thing by sending a sick child to a swimming class. You mean the first lesson? They weren't sick until that afternoon. I guess they were probably still carrying the bug, but I had no way of knowing. Anyway, today we ended up going to the doctor. We have high deductible insurance, so that visit with the...
I also didn't mean to be critical of anyone who does bring critters home. I think there are great things to be learned from it, and lives to be saved. Dh saved a baby bird's life this spring by putting in a bird cage in our garage. I opened the door to let it get some sunshine, and its parents found it. When I let it out, they watched it all day and fed it, and eventually it flew up into the tree.
Quote: Originally Posted by 4evermom Was it able to get out of the water? That's important otherwise it can drown. Also, their diet changes. I don't want to catch or buy bugs for it so it will promptly be returned to the wild, lol. Yeah, it could get out, and we were catching it bugs, but I don't know if they were the kind of bugs it liked. I never saw it eat anything. It might have just been ill or had some other defect, but it was sooo...
No. We got a tadpole last year and put it in our tank, and it grew into the cutest little frog...and then promptly died. I don't know if it would have mattered it if it was in our tank, but this year we've just been looking at them at the pond, instead of bringing them home.
Another non-baby-proofer. I do have a lock on my pot cupboard because I get so tired of my kids playing cymbals.