or Connect

Posts by Fuamami

Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee I couldn't get past that, just a couple of sentences in. Allowed to? LOL. No, there's no editorial content to that. How about "forced to learn to fall asleep and stay asleep on their own"? Oh, yeah, my kids totally wanted to learn to fall asleep on their own. If only I had read this article and had the foresight to allow it! Quote: Originally Posted by chipper26 [COLOR="Magenta"] This...
I think that's pretty cute. How nice that he has some role models! I, personally, like to let my kids play with older kids (except for a few), because older kids tend to have better social skills, and my kids pick up on those. I also think only letting kids play with their age-peers is a kind of unnatural setup. I also think you're pretty lucky that your ds is 6 and has never made a potty joke before!
I agree with just making it a segue into a conversation about his stuff. "Oh really? What kind of toys do you have? What have you been playing with lately? What are you going to play with tonight?" etc. And maybe talk to your ds about it later?
I'm on my 3rd 2 yo, so some of this is easier for me. But he still does that stuff. He doesn't like to dump out his food, though, he likes to throw his cup as hard as he can across the table. I, personally, feel that a dramatic response makes it too exciting for him. When stuff like that happens, I am totally firm, serious, and BORING. Have you tried that? I wonder if you're talking a lot about your feelings? Are you saying, "When you throw your yogurt, that makes...
Dd just bit ds1, for the 3rd time in 2 days. She's six! Shouldn't she have grown out of this by now?!? I feel ya!
Thank you for the posts of understanding. Aubergine, that's a great suggestion. I will post on the Childcare Provider's Tribe next time.
I agree, too! The other day we were at the bag-your-own grocery store and it's my son's job to push the button for the conveyor belt. Well, he got all excited and ran down and started pushing the button on the wrong side. The man whose groceries were there said, "Go on, get out of here. Get away from there. Go on!" in this voice you would use to chase off a dog. I was SO annoyed. Yes, my ds was confused, but if some adult were in that man's way, I'm sure he would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluegoat I think that the idea that parents get to totally dictate what the care provider does is silly. What if the parents wanted them to spank the child, or withhold meals for naughty behavior, or do somrthing that would compromise the quality of care for the other kids? If you leave your kids, sure, you can expect certian things to be followed, but not all. Partents should leave kids with someone they think has some...
Quote: Originally Posted by katheek77 I would have been livid. I will let my daughter (almost 3) pick out her entire lunch sometimes. If we're going on a picnic/adventure, I do put in stuff she might not normally have. Normally, we eat very healthfully - her favorite snack is fresh fruit, and she gets about 4oz of juice (to which I add water) about twice a week. Most of the time, she drinks plain water, or water with a squirt of lemon. But, if we're...
Thank you for the constructive replies. I am going to institute a my-food-only diet at my house starting next week. I understand the mothers that are upset, because I have WOHM as well, and I know how it is to find out that your instructions haven't been followed. As I stated, though, she doesn't care what I feed her. This is her regular diet. Like nextcommercial said, she probably doesn't see what the big deal is. I also am quite aware of their circumstances, as...